Problem with a water distribution blueprint?

jagoe1February 17, 2013

Hi, I'm renovating an old Victorian row home and am planning on installing all new interior plumbing. But I have a quick question about the architect's water supply plan. The existing water pipe running from the city main to the water meter is 3/4-inch, as is the pipe from the meter into the house. The architect wants to change the section of pipe from the meter into the house to a 1-inch line. (Something about code.) Will this cause any problems with pressure if the water from the main flows from a smaller pipe into a larger pipe before then splitting off inside the house? If so, is there some sort of regulator or valve that needs to be installed?

I know little and less about how these things work, so any input would be helpful as the project hasn't started yet, thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

No, it won't cause any problems.

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 11:10AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Hey, thanks. I had a hunch it might be a dumb question. But I thought that if I didn't ask, that would be the one time it turned out to be something serious!

    Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 1:38PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
What is the best inexpensive remedy for hard water?
I have an issue with hard water from the bathroom....
Hard Water or What?
We are renting an older duplex home in CT, and the...
How long do PVC DWV pipes last?
I inherited our house that was built in 1972 and was...
Neptune Power Washing
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™