Under sink water filter and seperate faucet

amav31February 26, 2011

I am planning to install a under-sink(culligan 600A) water filter. This model can be installed by tapping into the cold water pipe directly. Is there any downside to this kind of installation or should I buy a separate faucet for this filter? How is it usually done.? Will the water pressure be slow if connected directly to the cold water pipe? If so maybe a separate faucet is a good idea.???

Thanks for any input.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
justalurker

The specs indicate that the 600A will work fine when installed in series in the cold water supply to the cold faucet.

You'll need to get the proper hardware to make the connections. If you're smart you'll allow for a graceful retreat back to the way the plumbing was if your don't like the filter or it fails or needs service.

Is there a particular aspect of your water quality you don't like because these filters will only do so much.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 10:30PM
amav31

Justalurker,I have no problem with my regular Brita filtered water. But my husband loves bottled water taste and he is wasting so much money on the plastic bottles. So I thought if I install this Culligan filter it may be better tasting than Brita filters. FYI I will ask my handyman to do the installation .

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 9:07AM
weedmeister

I elected to get a separate faucet for the filtered water. I did not want to pay to filter water that I did not intend to consume.

Bookmark   February 28, 2011 at 5:39PM
afisher0204

@weedmeister what filter faucet did you get?

Bookmark   August 9, 2012 at 10:36AM
More Discussions
Fleck 5600SXT 64k Setup
Well I recently had a new water softener installed...
SheeB
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
Good shower heads for low water pressure
Hi, We are living in an area with low water pressure....
lynne_melb
Septic tank and question on the "Sponge"
I have a septic tank that when last pumped out had...
big_al_41
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™