rabbits food in litter box question

mathdanJuly 25, 2009

We have rescued two bunnies and are in the process of litter box training them. We have a 4' x 4' pen with a cat litter box being used as the litter box. (That's what the rescue organization used). In this litter box we have a dog wee pad on the bottom to absorb the pee, hay, and care fresh litter. The rabbits do go poop in there sometimes and pee in there mostly. We have a pellet food bowl outside of the litter box and the bunnies are pooing a lot by the bowl and sometimes peeing there. The question is, can we move the pellet bowl into the litter box also? We know that rabbits poo and pee right where they eat so we were thinking that if we moved the food bowl there, they would do most if not all of their pooing and peeing in the litter box.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Meghane

I'd get rid of the litter box and line the entire pen with timothy hay. Then train the bunnies to go into the pen to pee/poop instead of on the floors. Mine did that.

Also rabbits don't need pellets at all, just timothy hay and fresh veggies such as parsley, mixed salad greens (no iceburg lettuce), dandelion greens, turnip greens, mustard greens, celery leaves, etc. Pellets generally just make them fat.

Bookmark   July 25, 2009 at 3:02PM
More Discussions
dry food for cats that can't eat dry food ;)
Howdy all, There seems to be a lot of experience here...
GWgal
loose aggressive dog on walk, need help
i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood....
adoiron
? on collar for indoor cats
After my elderly Annebelle kitty died last December...
abbey_cny
What is your favorite dog shampoo?
I used to use the cheapest dog shampoo I could find...
moonbyte5
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
Sponsored Products
Moonrays Outdoor Lighting. Power Pack Outdoor Black Low Voltage 300-Watt Lightin
$81.12 | Home Depot
Silantra 03 Wall Sconce by Bover
$1,115.00 | Lumens
Holly 4 Piece Queen Bedroom Set in Espresso Dark Brown
$787.00 | LexMod
"Winter's Edge" Print - MULTI COLORS
$675.00 | Horchow
Hermitage Medium Antique Brushed Nickel Outdoor Wall Mounted Lantern
$212.70 | Bellacor
MTI Reflection 5 Tub (71.75" x 32" x 22.5")
Modern Bathroom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™