Help with water softener!
I've been reading a lot about the topic from this forum and this is my situation :
1. 3 people are in the home
2. 2 full bathrooms are in the home
3. 15 GPG hardness level of my raw, unfiltered water
4. 7.5 GPM flow rate in gallons per minute (GPM)
5. The size of the main water line is 1", the house plumbing is 3/4"
1. 0 people are in the home (ATM)
2. 1 full bathrooms are in the home
3. Plumbing is 3/4" all around
I dont know if I can find the water line that connects to the guest house, it branches somewhere...the water is still running when I shut the main off but I wanted 1 softener to handle both houses eventually.
The vendor recommend :
1.) 48,000 grain water softener with the Fleck 5600SXT Electronic Metered valve & 10% Crosslink Chlorine Resistant Softening Resin for whole house filtration of Hardness from your water
I would recommend this softener be installed in the main water supply line, and be set to regenerate about every 2500 gallons or 10 days, whichever comes first.....
- Fleck 5600SXT Electronic Metered On Demand Control Valve Water Softener 48,000 Grain Capacity
10x54 Resin Tank
1.5 cubic feet of NSF Approved High Capacity Cation 10% Crosslink Chlorine Resistant Softening Resin
12 gpm service flow rate
2.5 gpm backwash flow rate
Fleck Valve Connection: 1 Inch Noryl Yoke with Noryl Bypass Valve
Tank Color Option: Almond
Brine Tank Size: 15x17x36 Rect Brine Tank
Please advise...thank you in advance. Also, I bought Watts WH-LD Premier Whole House Filter System but just realize the connection is 3/4" not 1", if I install this before the softener, will this making an issue? Should I go with the 1" version filter?