Looking for matte, cream colored, beveled subways. Any pics?

sandesurfMarch 22, 2013

Hi,
My name is Elena, and I'm a ABBS survivor... :)
Going on 2 years.
Honestly, this is our vacation/retirement home. IF it were in the home I have to look at everyday, the BS would be finished. It's just that we don't have the time to spend on BS, when we're only there for a couple weekends a month. But...I've narrowed it down to what I think I like, and that's a cream colored, beveled, subway. Unfortuantely, I seem to only find it in glossy, and I'd like to see it in matte. This kitchen gets A LOT of sunshine, so I feel that glossy could be blinding.
Any findings or suggestions?
Thank you!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Suzi AKA DesertDance

Try matte porcelain tile. It comes in many configurations. Not sure about the bevel though.

Our kitchen gets a ton of light too, and I went with matte on both countertops and backsplash.

Suzi

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:25AM
sandesurf

Suzi, thanks for info. Yes, I've seen some matte porcelain, but I really like the beveled look. In all honesty, I have not "shopped" very hard yet. Although I feel as if I have exhausted the local tile stores, there in Lake Havasu, AZ.
Are you in the desert too? Do you have pics. of your BS?
I forgot to add that our granite is Typhoon Bordeaux.
Thanks again! :)

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:36AM
bookmom41

My traditional subway tile backsplash is by Daltile and it is matte in the biscuit color, which is, I think, just barely cream. I wouldn't call it beveled, though.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 10:44AM
Suzi AKA DesertDance

I'm moving from the desert closer to the grand kids. We are doing an entire house remodel.

This home is on a hill with beautiful views, and decks and windows everywhere, so I am going with matte. Too much light in the house.

The view takes your breath away, and I wanted a kitchen that did the same thing.

The photo doesn't show the backsplash. Only the decorative band. Backsplash will be laid in 6" tiles on the diagonal, topped or intersected with the band.

I chose a rectified edge (flat square) so they could use a thin grout line. I don't know if porcelain comes in a bevel.

Good luck to you!

Suzi

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 11:01AM
More Discussions
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
What do you think of the deeper Ikea wall cabinets?
To me, it would seem that 15" deep is excessive....
Chinchette
Northern Jersey/Big Apple
I am going to be in this area for a couple weeks. I...
a2gemini
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™