Installed Grohe faucet behaves weirdly!

elk2000February 27, 2013

We have installed Grohe 20294000 Eurosmart faucet in our bathroom remodeling. It looks great, but the water pours in a way I haven't seen before. Let me try to explain it. When you want to make warm water you turn hot water handle and cold water handle until the desired temperature reach. So the water should be one temperature, you feel it like a warm water. In this faucet when warm water is pouring, you feel that the water is warm and at the same time you feel cold water and hot water separately. I know, it sounds weird and feels even weirder, but when you hold hands under water you feel both hot and cold somehow not combined. We tested all other faucets (and we have quite a few), all work perfectly fine. It's only this one that puzzles us, and it does it all the time. We even asked guests during party to check it, and all reported exactly the same feeling: water seems to be warm but you actually feel where the cold water is and where hot water is.
Do you think this is bad faucet? Bad installation? Anything else?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedmeister

This is the one where the faucet handles are not attached to the spout? That is, you can place the handles anywhere you want? And they are attached to the spout with separate hoses?

If so, I would say this is normal in that the hot and cold don't have time to mix in the spout so you feel hot on one side and cold on the other.

Bookmark   February 28, 2013 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Can we bypass old hot water heater?
Any reason we can't bypass and then remove this old...
shellking
Warm water mornings on cold line for 30 secs....
We have been living in a home built in 2011 (in Canada)...
nikolaos2012
Water softener sizing
First I am sure that you have answered this a million...
swc3086
the dreaded frozen pipes...
Hello all, I hope someone out there can help me. I...
kineala
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™