faucets same online vs in store???

jaansuFebruary 23, 2010

We need to buy a Brizo (Delta) Talo faucet, one of those touch jobs for our remodel. Quite a difference in the online vs the store price but have I heard that otherwise identical faucets can have inferior parts at the cheaper places. I've heard that presumably big box stores have the Chinese versions that have produced problems but I don't know if this is something I need to worry about the Brizo if buying online. Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

You have to check the EXACT model number at the store, especially the big box stores.

A single character difference can indicate a product manufactured for the big box to a specific price point.

Manufacturers are not stupid.
They are wiling to make sales by making lower cost products that look the same, but are not as durable.

Bookmark   February 23, 2010 at 9:58PM
jaansu

I called up Delta customer service and they confirmed there are two sources for the same kitchen faucet: Illinois and China. The boxes state where it is made. If I buy online, my only hope is if they can actually look at the box and tell me the source, assuming they can do this.

Bookmark   February 24, 2010 at 7:05AM
plumeriavine

Be careful of efaucet.com - their prices seem really cheap, but they toss a bond in your cart and have many bad reviews online - - if your order has a problem, they are not easy to reach or ready to serve. I'll pay more for local service that has better management.

Bookmark   February 26, 2010 at 3:25PM
More Discussions
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
corrosion seen on hot water shutoff valves
I was repairing a minor leak in the kitchen faucet...
jastrong5
Am I the only one bothered by this?
Since Houzz took over, these forums have become a spam-infested...
aliceinwonderland_id
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™