Toilet Advice

BottomlyPottsFebruary 25, 2013

Please can anyone recommend a good toilet that we can buy for our new bathroom that flushes well first time? In my experience modern toilets seem to need flushing several times (and so don't save water!). Specific information would be very helpful!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
evaluator

I just installed a Penguin toilet from Lowe's in our bathroom. I chose it because it is a 1.28gpf toilet, has ovelflow prevention, was moderately priced, and I had a 10% off moving coupon. We haven't had any problems with it not flushing the first time....

That's just my results with a modern toilet...

Bookmark   February 25, 2013 at 6:14PM
kirkhall

The new modern toilets work very well compared to the modern toilets of 5 or 10 yrs ago... Just saying.

But, we love our Toto Drake II.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 12:08PM
kirkhall

The new modern toilets work very well compared to the modern toilets of 5 or 10 yrs ago... Just saying.

But, we love our Toto Drake II.

Bookmark   February 26, 2013 at 12:09PM
plumbingexpert

Hi, I am new here, but I have a Kohler Cimarron K-3609 and I love it. Here are a few reasons why I think it is better than the Toto Drake. 1. It seems to have better bowl wash, because the water doesn't just drop straight down. 2. I have flushed about 150 sheets of toilet paper down it (just for the fun of it) and it went down without any problems. I did it with a Drake, however, and it clogged. 3. The flush valve will last longer, because it is a tower, not a flapper, like the Drake has. I think the Kohler Cimarron is the best because it has extremely good flush performance, good looks, and awesome bowl wash. Hope I helped!

Bookmark   March 17, 2013 at 9:06AM
lee676

> 1. [the Kohler Cimarron] seems to have better bowl wash [than the Toto Drake], because the water doesn't just drop straight down

It does in the original Drake (still sold), but not the Drake II, which swirls water around the sides forcefully, all from just two large openings under the rim). I just had one put in, and it works great even though it's a 1.28gpf model. All of the Toto commodes that work this way use what they call a "double cyclone" flush - the Drake II is the least expensive.

Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 7:07AM
    Bookmark   March 21, 2013 at 2:26PM
More Discussions
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
bossyvossy
Culligan HE vs Kinetico Premier vs Fleck
Hi, After doing some research regarding the above water...
blessedmomof4
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™