Kitten climbers

michelle_phxazJuly 26, 2011

I can't afford one of the big kitty condos, so I made one myself. We use our luggage to store out-of-season clothes, and then we piled them up at different angles so the rescue kittens I have can jump and play. The material on the soft luggage (the sort of itchy fabric) helps them cling on and they build up their muscles fast and now I have 5 strong, healthy kittens.

NOTE: make sure there are no loose loops and that the luggage is securely zipped to prevent accidents. Also, when you stack them, make sure it is sturdy enough so the mountains will never fall.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mazer415

Great idea. It is also inexpensive to go to a remnant carpet place, get some remants and some inexpensive wood or go to a construction site and ask for some pieces of wood, it is easy enough to use a staple gun to attach the carpet to the wood.
It is important for cats to be able to climb, not only is it great for their muscles, but it makes them healthier in their behavioral health

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 12:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kim_okla

I believe if you talk about kittens or puppies you are required to post a pic. It's a rule. :-)

Sounds like they're doing well.

Bookmark   July 26, 2011 at 12:52PM
More Discussions
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Housetrained dog having accidents in the house!
My dog is about 2 and 1/2 years old and is housetrained...
bookworm_2007
How to get my new cat to stop fighting old/current cats
I posted a few weeks ago for advice on introducing...
phish_gw
Constipated Kitty (Warning - LONG)
Hi All - I haven't been on the forum in quite awhile,...
manda3183
special food for cat's renal failure?
My 15 yr old male cat Jagra has now got kidney problems...
MrsLizzyNorCal Suns17-USDA9b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™