Moen Shower Head - Whining

rjr1February 17, 2013

When I first start the water in my bathroom shower, I get a whining noise which eventually goes away after 20 seconds or so. If someone comes into the bathroom and opens up the hot water faucet in the bathroom sink, the noise starts all over again until the faucet is shut off. A plumber replaced a "balance valve"?? in the shower sometime ago, which initially helped, but the problem has come back to the point where it is even worse than before the balance valve was installed. Any ideas on what is causing this and how to fix it? Thank you in advance. Bob

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
randy427

I'd suspect either another bad balance valve or a low water pressure/flow rate on the hot water side. I'd make a call to the tech support of the balance valve manufacturer.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 8:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dave71moore

Hi Bob,

Just curious if you ever resolved this issue of the whining noise. I have the same problem that you describe, only with American Standard parts...Is there anything you might be able to share about your experience fixing this?
Thanks,
Dave

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 7:25AM
More Discussions
Hard Water or What?
We are renting an older duplex home in CT, and the...
roysterfam
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
Trying to verify gas pipe size
I am installing a new natural gas range and oven, and...
hoolabob
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™