Use food processor to chop chocolate?

catherinetDecember 15, 2011

I'm having major finger/hand arthritis problems. I'm making alot of bark this year. Can I put chunks of almond bark in the food processor to make it small enough so it will quickly melt? I just didn't want to hurt my food processor. Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
klseiverd

Have never tried it, but thinking shred... with really SHORT pulses, NOT putting pressure on feed tube... in case machine balks??

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 11:49AM
Olychick

You shouldn't have any problems. I wouldn't shred/grate it but put it in the bowl. Can you get it into chunks small enough to fit into the bowl (like fist size or smaller, depending on the size of your processor) and distribute it around all the "sides"? You should just be able to whirl, pulse to the size you want. I put ice in mine all the time, which probably dulls the blade, but doesn't hurt the motor.

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 11:59AM
lindac

Depends on the processor....if it's a good one should be no problem....but if it's a $39.95 special....I wouldn't.
But if you have a Cuisinart or a Kitchen aid...I would grate the chocolate, You will get even pieces and it will melt in a flash!
Linda C

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 1:00PM
publickman

I would also use the coarse grater on the food processor - I think that would be easier to control than the blade that fits inside the bowl, and you will get more even results, as Linda said. If you have really large pieces, you could consider using the slicer.

Lars

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 2:51PM
catherinet

Thanks everyone,
It didn't even occur to me to think of using any of the grater/slicing discs! Duh!
Thanks for the suggestions!

Bookmark   December 15, 2011 at 2:56PM
More Discussions
Monkey Princess makes pretzels
The Monkey Princess decided that we needed to learn...
annie1992
Curry (I think) flavored coffee cake
My boss's friend shared a coffee cake, or fruit cake...
sally2_gw
Easter Sunday Dessert
My favorite dessert is a good home-made pound cake....
Robert Givens
Does this Nutella frosting on my cake need to be refrigerated?
I finally found a Nutella frosting recipe that I really...
sooz
THANK-YOU Tamara! And all the good gremlins too...
For awhile now, I've been seeing the artifacts of the...
plllog
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™