Any BIG tile stores in Dallas?

msroseMarch 3, 2013

I went shopping for a backsplash yesterday and the choices just seem to be so limited. I didn't see any of the great sample boards I see some of you with. Does anyone know if there's a big tile store in Dallas with lots to choose from?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucas_tx_gw

I haven't been to any of them but I know there are a lot of Daltile locations and I would guess they have a lot. I know there is one on Plano Pkway east of 75. Also if you have a contractor or sub who has an account at ProSource in Allen I think they have a pretty big variety thought maybe not as much as a tile only store.

If you are interested in Prosource and don't have access, answer back on this thread and I'll give you some names you can use. You can buy on a credit card at ProSource and whoever sent you there gets a percentage, so they like it when people buy there but you can't get in unless you provide a name of a trade who is a member.

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 9:52AM
kiko

Yes, I need to know too! I went into Home Depot last night because I thought they would have lots of subway tile to look at, LOL. I went to Surface and Decor (although I was looking for something else at the time) and they seemed to have lots of samples up.

http://surfaceanddecor.com/

And I've been in the Surplus Building Materials store. They had so much of everything I was a little overwhelmed!

http://www.sbmtx.com/

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 10:22AM
msrose

There's not many tile places open on Sunday, but I see Surface and Decor is, so I think I'll go up there today. Thank you both!

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 11:36AM
kiko

The Surplus Building store is about 15 minutes from the Surface and Decor store and is also open on Sundays. It might be worth a look (if you know what you are looking for).

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 11:55AM
msrose

Oh no! Just got back from Surface and Decor and now I see your post about Surplus Building store being close by. Oh well, I can aways go back over there another time. I still didn't find anything, but Surface and Decor was great. I finally saw some of the things I've seen on here that I haven't seen other places. I spend quite a long time there and took several pictures of tile with my granite to give me something to think about.

I just googled ProSource and there's also one close to my house in the Mid-cities. Once I find a tile guy, I can ask if this location has a good selelction and maybe I can give his name. I would definitely go to Allan if it has a better selection.

This post was edited by msrose on Sun, Mar 3, 13 at 15:34

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 3:28PM
8mpg

Im a big fan of Floor and Decor...they are more outlet type but have a great selection

Bookmark   March 3, 2013 at 10:34PM
kiko

Have you been to Natural Selections in Carrollton? They carry Artistic Tile (mentioned in another backsplash thread). I am still looking for a backsplash but haven't gotten very far. I've only gotten a few subway samples from Floor and Decor but none of the colors worked for me.

http://www.nsdesigncenter.com/

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 10:51AM
msrose

kiko - I actually went there after I last posted here. They had the Sonoma Tilemakers tile I was looking for. I didn't realize they had Artistic Tile though. Another place listed on Sonoma Tilemakers website is Antique Floors, Inc in Dallas, but I haven't been there yet. Have you?

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique Floors, Inc

Bookmark   April 14, 2013 at 12:21PM
More Discussions
Kitchen dimensions/layout advice please
We're finally renovating but this isnt a major overhaul,...
jomonster8u
Lumber Liquidators Exposé on 60 Minutes
Did anyone see the 60 Minutes Exposé on Lumber Liquidators...
The Kitchen Place
Nobody does drop-in sink on stone countertop? Really?
I know... undermount is more popular these days --...
mudworm
Barker cabinet samples
Does anyone have any barker cabinet samples that they're...
tigger9759
36" cabinet for 32" fridge: future proofing or too much compromise?
Hi everyone! Making final decisions for our cabinet...
kiwigem
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™