regulator in Grohe Rainshower

marlowe55February 6, 2011

Has anyone ever remove the pressure regulator from a Grohe Rainshower. I poked at it a few times and pulled on it with pliers, but it didn't come out easily. Are regulators ever integral to the proper functioning of the shower head, or can they always be pulled out? What's the best way to pull them out -- in general, or specifically for this model?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
aidan_m

The rainshower is very disappointing unless there is adequate volume and water pressure.

Before you destroy the shower head, start by cleaning any debris from the shower control valve. Take off the lever handle, remove the valve cartrige, and clean out the screen inside the mixing valve. This is the most common cause of low flow issues with a thermostatic shower control. I'll bet the screen is totally gunked up, especially if you've never cleaned it. I recommend at least one time per year, or when the water flow drops in the shower.

After you are sure the valve is free of debris, and if the flow is still inadequate:

If the regulator is plastic, I drill out the center with a 1/8" or 5/32" bit. That's the best way to maintain all the proper functions and improve the volume of water flow.

Bookmark   February 7, 2011 at 2:30PM
More Discussions
Waste pipe uneven elbow leak
The gaskets are removed to show the situation in the...
rubyhum
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
Pulldown sprayer leaking
My Moen pulldown faucet (with Reflex Technology!) was...
ginny20
Sewer line disaster
originally posted on another website, but in the spirit...
bossyvossy
38 ga. tank - not getting 2 hot showers?
We have just finished a renovation project that included...
ashebrook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™