mounting kitchen sink rough-in plumbing

dalepresFebruary 20, 2011

I am installing a new kitchen sink in a mobile home with PVC/CPVC pipe. The sink is on an outside wall (not sure it matters, but just in case).

Under the old sink, the plastic pipes move around easily; they're not solidly attached where they come up from the floor. The original pipes were polybutylene and I replaced all of the that garbage with PVC and CPVC but came up the same holes as the old junk came up.

Now we're moving the sink to another wall and we want to do a better job this time around.

So, my question is: what would the professionals do to solidly fix the rough-in cold and hot pipes so that the stubs coming up from the floor or in from the wall are solid? I've searched for some sort of header and am surprised that I can't find such a thing. It seems that such a thing would help ensure some standardization in how the undersink is plumbed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
brickeyee

Some blocking and pipe straps.

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 12:07PM
dalepres

Interesting. That was about all I could find in any pictures, too - even for copper pipes.

Someone should invent a split flange that interlocks around a pipe and can be glued to it. Glue it on and screw it to the blocking.

Bookmark   February 20, 2011 at 8:19PM
brickeyee

Why bother having another piece of hardware when a plain old pipe hanger(s) (and something to attach it onto) is all that is needed?

You already need to use a hanger compatible with the pipe material.

Bookmark   February 21, 2011 at 9:04AM
More Discussions
Garden Hose iced over
Ok, I know I was stupid. I'm new to home ownership...
Cassandra
Toilet swirls, but won't flush!!
Very frustrated. The toilet seems to be ok, it gets...
edweather
Water pressue and other plumbing issues (MULTIPLE ISSUES - LONG)
I have a couple plumbing issues in my house. Some background... Approximately...
gtrshop
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™