thermostat and volume for tub shower

dms1973February 6, 2014

I'm redoing a tub shower and I'd like to set it up where there is a single thermostat and then a volume control for pressure. I'm going to have a shower head, tub faucet and hand held. Is it possible to set this up with 1 thermostat, 1 volume and some sort of 3 way diverter? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakethewonderdog

Not sure if this is an answer to your question... but tankless heaters often have remote temp controls... as in you set your heater temp at the bathroom remote to 105 and just run hot water in the shower or tub.

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 10:18AM
SnidelyWhiplash

"Is it possible to set this up with 1 thermostat, 1 volume and some sort of 3 way diverter? !"

Yes. A shower valve and a diverter that handles three outputs separately.

You're talking about a shower valve with two controls, one for temp and one for pressure . Some are the old style one arm where you twist for temp and the handle pivots up and down for pressure. Others have two handles on the unit (this is what I have).

On some of the units with two handles, the second is a built in diverter, not a pressure or temp. control. Shop carefully.

Bookmark   February 6, 2014 at 12:30PM
fa_f3_20

An alternative would be a thermostat and just three separate volume controls, one for each head. That's what we have.

Bookmark   February 7, 2014 at 7:51PM
yazk

Have a look at the Grohe 19825. This is a single unit with one lever for the temperature and one lever for the tub/shower.
You push the lever in one direct for the tub and the other direction for the shower. This also eliminates the need fro a diverter on the tub spout.

I installed it a year ago and have been perfectly happy.

Bookmark   March 27, 2014 at 1:48PM
More Discussions
shower problem....can someone give me a clue?
My hot water plumbing JUST started acting "wonky."...
bevangel_i_h8_h0uzz
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
Help with smelly well water
Just a little background. We bought a house 3 years...
cmonkey
De-winterize, re-winterize...costs?
My 24 yr old son is buying a 1950 home on a short sale...
cindywhitall
Fire Sprinkler
Purchasing a home with an indoor fire sprinkler system....
jglo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™