Life is Good

momof2doxiesJune 8, 2010

Just thought I would drop in and say hello to all. We moved a few months ago and have been busy every waking minute since. The girls have all settled in. Ethel just loves spending her time getting a suntan. Lily is a redhead so she doesn't get much sun time. Lucy now has a split personality. She thinks she is part cat. She spends her outdoor time batting a rock back and forth so it is hard to get a good picture of her. Hope everyone is doing well and hope to get back to posting again soon.

Linda

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
flyingflower

Aren't they irresistable when they lie on their backs like that! lol

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 12:46AM
lily316

Okay, as a brand new mother of one doxie, very similar to your first picture what can you tell me about these dogs. Mine is a three year old?? rescue from a W.VA kill shelter. I've had him for ten days and he's a sweet boy, but I had to get the police on him today. I live on almost 1/2 acre which is surrounded by a four foot high picket fence. Along the back is a board fence. I had a greyhound for 10 years who never left the property. When I got my other rescue dog two years ago, the foster mom walked the property and had me reinforce gaps that the dog might use to escape with fencing which I did. He's a Boston Terrier mix. The doxie foster mom walked the property and pointed out places where we added extra protection. Still I tether if I'm going inside for a minute. But I was out in the yard and when I called he didn't come. That's not unusual if he's eyeballing one of a gazillion squirrels which live in my yard. I realized he was gone. I just panicked knowing I have a busy street out front. I began combing the neighborhood. He has a big red heart tag with all info but his name is new to him. I spotted our policeman and enlisted his help. Just as I was really freaking , I saw the cruiser "herding " Wally down the ally toward me. I called and he ran to me. Police man said he wouldn't come to him. He was about four yards away. So we added yet more protection. Is this typical of the breed? When he comes, I praise him effusively but he IS stubborn.

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 1:13AM
petaloid

I love the photos -- adorable!

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 9:01AM
pamghatten

They look like they have settled into your new home very well. Great pictures!

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 1:13PM
lily316

Your dogs are very sweet. I'm getting to be a doxie lover now. Never knew anything about them before. The pix are darling.

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 2:03PM
mazer415

GRASS BATH!!

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 2:51PM
kim_okla

LOL. I like grass bath, they wiggle and say, arr arr arr. We call it, she's gone belly up.

Cute pictures.

Bookmark   June 9, 2010 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
How to approach neighbors re: horrendous dog poo smell?
I'm sorry if this post is long, but I'm trying to give...
loralee_2007
Cat pees in bathtub
Why does he do this. I think it is the only place...
ryseryse_2004
how many of you like mice?
They are Ginny and scabbers.I don't have them now because...
adi003
dry food for cats that can't eat dry food ;)
Howdy all, There seems to be a lot of experience here...
GWgal
I'm new!
Hi every body ! My name adi i am going to buy a dog...
adi003
Sponsored Products
Darya Rugs Suzani, Ivory, 4'2" x 9'5" M1770-357
Darya Rugs
Cyrus Area Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Lauren Portrait Frame - Silver - 45241
$21.99 | Hayneedle
Ryder Loveseat - Key Largo Grape Purple
Joybird Furniture
WAC Modern Forms | Urban 10in Outdoor Wall Light
$199.00 | YLighting