Fear aggression ** update **

toomuchglassJune 17, 2010

--------this is in reply to my older post "Scared dog" .

I made a seperate post so the great people that replied can see how their advice was taken. I did everything that was suggested . * Slapping my forehead - it worked ! *

Here's the original post :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pets/msg0623430721903.html?6

I did a combination of everything that was suggested . Since I've posted , my son brought his dog over quite a few times. His dog is great . He's border collie & sheltie mix. Even though he's young , he had the patience to stand still and just watch while Poppy freaked out . He stood long enough to let Poppy come to him and smell him . Once she was satisfied "she wouldn't be killed" ... she started to gradually interact. Every visit would get better. Yesterday , when they came over ... I couldn't believe Poppy. She just ran and ran ( that silly kind of run with her butt down - like chase me ! ) It ended up - they played and played till they were pooped. I would have never believed it. It HAPPENED ! I'd love to say this is a happy ending --- but it's just the beginning , she's got a long way to go . Thanks to the replies to my post - I have to tools to at least start with .

**High 5-ing everyone ***

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HandyMac

EXCELLENT RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The feeling you get when a dog begins to loose its fears and becomes happy is one of the greatest feelings a person can have.

Bookmark   June 17, 2010 at 11:47PM
mazer415

ahhhh, dogs fixes other dogs behavior issues without incident...YESSSSSS.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 2:21AM
pamghatten

Congrats ...that's great news.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 10:21AM
cindyandmocha

lol i had to go back and read that post to remember, but I am so happy for you! Dogs can do wonders with other dogs! Sometimes they just don't need us -- they just need someone else (another dog) that can speak their language to adjust.

I suspect that other dog is teaching her that humans might just be ok :) Your post made me smile.

Bookmark   June 19, 2010 at 2:40AM
More Discussions
help with my pet
Hello, My name is Janet, owner of a 3 yr old male Blue...
janet1971
Lactaid all right for my cat?
Like a lot of cats, my kitty is lactose intolerant....
sandyslopes z5 n. UT
Does anyone have a spayed dog that has a brownish discharge?
I came to this Forum to ask your opinions about something...
pickyshopper
Excellent Animal Hospital in New England?
We are happy with our vet (actually vets, she has a...
sue36
It's 2015....time for a new post about Vaccuum cleaners for Pet hair!!
Exciting, I know!! :). I searched and the most recent...
magsnj
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™