cats and my 1 dog

mfuscJune 27, 2013

my girlfriend has moved in about 6 months ago she has 2 cats I had a cat and a dog which both get together fine we slowly integrated her cats with my pets and they seemed to be fine one is very shy and has just broken out into being a wonderful cat the other seemed to pick on my cat and just avoid my dog but nothing serious just in the last week or so her cat has started to lash out at the dog very aggressively to the point where well have to wrap her in a blanket to get her away my dog is very well mannered and pays no attention to the cat but the cat has been flat out chasing and attacking the dog and she trys her best to avoid contact with cat but it seems the cat seeks it out were at a loss of what to do and feel bad locking the cat up afterwards I should have mentioned my dog and cat are fixed but the cat lashing out is not any ideas would be helpfull thankyou

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I'm sorry you are having this trouble and know how upsetting it is when pets don't get along.

I would suggest getting the aggressive cat fixed right away. You need to try this because kitty might hurt the dog to say nothing of how miserable it must be for the dog. When kitty is fixed, you can talk to the vet about the behavior problem to see if s/he has any additional suggestions. I would recommend that and also after the surgery, be sure kitty has toys, and play with him/her with a fishing pole toy.

Bookmark   June 27, 2013 at 8:27PM
More Discussions
Cat pees in bathtub
Why does he do this. I think it is the only place...
ryseryse_2004
itching dogs -- please read
Wanted to let you all know bout a product called Biotin...
trisha57_ny
loose aggressive dog on walk, need help
i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood....
adoiron
Bentley & Olivia
olivia has settled in so well with a flawless transition,...
Ninapearl
UBAVET Joint Plus Glucosamine HCL
Does anyone have their dog or cat on UBAVET Joint Plus...
marielle(zone4b-5a)
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™