Tone on tone carpet -- mistake?

jewelisfabulousMarch 31, 2014

It's time to pick new carpeting for our master bedroom. I *thought* I always wanted a patterned carpet, but now I'm not sure. Will choosing a pattern limit me on the fabric I can choose for the bedding or drapes?

Also, does a carpet like this more easily show where stains used to be after cleaned? Here are links to the two choices I've narrowed down (sorry, I can't figure out how to do hyperlinks):

http://shawfloors.com/carpetdetails/daily_essential15%27_19626-chic_beige

http://www.royaltycarpetmills.com/carpet/sheer-desire#R09180015

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
noellabelle

I have a patterned carpet in my bedroom, and I love it. I have martha stewart winterthur, which looks similar to your first option.

No problems cleaning so far. I think it does show foot traffic more than a regular carpet, but I vacuum fairly frequently - well, my neato robotic vacuum does : )

Close up of the pattern right after install:

The pattern isn't very noticeable in this picture, but it is a bit more in person.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:22PM
jewelisfabulous

That does look amazingly similar to the Shaw carpet I'm considering! Thank you for posting those photos.
How long have you had your carpet?

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:33PM
Holly- Kay

IMO, tone on tone carpets are lovely and not at all limiting in regards to pattern but add textural interest.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:36PM
durango118

Hi
I picked a similar pattern. I couldn't be more pleased. So much so, that I installed the same pattern, however in a different color in my guest room. The carpet in my master bedroom has been down 4 years, and it looks as good as the day it went down. We purchased the memory foam padding and it's been remarkable. All in all, we were are very pleased.
Good Luck !

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:46PM
jewelisfabulous

Who is the manufacturer of your carpet, Durango?

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:51PM
tibbrix

Same-tone textured is always beautiful, IMO.

LOVE your color scheme, durango! I just LOVE chocolate brown, and blue and brown are so great together.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:58PM
jewelisfabulous

Thanks for your comments, everyone. We decided to go with the carpet shown in the first link after I laid out all my worst fears to the carpet guy (at the small, independent flooring store). Excited to get it!

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 3:15PM
Holly- Kay

I'm anxious to see it in place!

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 3:17PM
dakota01

I had tone on tone textured carpet at my last house in the MB and the FR. I didn't think it showed foot traffic nearly as much as standard carpet. I do not think it gives as plush of a feel though.

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 3:31PM
jewelisfabulous

That's true, Jeannie. It's definitely not as plush as a "plush". I'll post pics when it's in!

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 3:48PM
kam76

Do any of you know if this style of carpet is better for a central vac hide a hose system? It is an air driven not electric driven beater bar for the carpet attachment so I am wondering if this low pile might be better /easier on a vacuum. Sorry to hijack. I do love the color and pattern you have picked!

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 9:23PM
More Discussions
Open Floor Plans: Will The Pendulum Eventually Swing The Other Way?
What do you think? Yes, I realize that there are many...
Lynn
Help me find a powder room paint color
My painter is here fixing another problem (sheetrock,...
tfitz1006
Can't sleep - I think I may hate my newly finished floors (PICS)
Hi everyone, It's 3:00am and I can't sleep. We have...
bellajourney
staircase light fixture
Would this lantern style fixture look right above the...
RoseAbbey
I need help deciding what color to paint my sofa frame
I am re-upholstering a vintage french couch, with the...
lizzierobin
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™