Rough Plumbing Dimensions

errlinJanuary 19, 2007

Hi - I know this information is on the forum, I saw it the other day and thought I clipped it, but apparently not. What are the traditional locations of angle stops and drains under sinks and for toilets. I've been searching for hours with no luck, and I would just go measure one, but we're out in the boonies and I'm sure the trailer is not standard.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazypup

To the best of my knowledge there are no hard and fast rules here.

Generally the waste arm is centered with the sink location and 18" above the finished floor, however there are special circumstances that must be considered. Example: If this is for a kitchen sink and they have specified a deep sink with a disposal it may be necessary to lower the waste arm an inch or two.

The angle stops are then generally spaced approximately 8" on center (4" on either side of the waste arm) and 24" above the finished floor.

The watercloset flange (toilet flange) is centered 12" out from the finished wall. (Keep in mind this is finished wall, not from the studding. You must allow for wallboard and perhaps tile).

The watercloset supply valve is 6" left of center and 6" above the finished floor however here again, check the finish specs. You may need to make allowance for a high base molding.

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 12:00AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
errlin

Lazypup - Thanks for the info, now I can get on with it.

Bookmark   January 21, 2007 at 11:13AM
More Discussions
Rainfresh water filter leaks from top.
I have a Rainfresh water filter. It seems to be leaking...
gtrshop
Grohe Ladylux Cafe Touch Faucet
Does anyone have this faucet, and if so, do you like...
sharon_va
LaToscana Novello Thermostatic Shower Valve
Trouble with LaToscana Novello Shower Valve- no hot...
bathroomblues1
New under mount sink - drain off-center?
I had a new granite countertop installed with an under...
mike_lee2
toilet flapper closes too fast
a 5 y.o. AS 4396 w/Fluidmaster guts. The flapper is...
fritzgarden
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™