Need hardware help please!

hobokenkitchenMarch 8, 2013

We have Emtek Hampton door knobs with number 8 back plates on the doors going from the kitchen to the great room.

We love them so much that we'd like to update the doors between the kitchen and the dining room, into the living room, etc.

The thing is that the knobs that are on the dining room/ living room and closet doors are all much smaller than the large door knobs and I think it might look off scale to put the larger knobs on them.

Emtek Hampton also comes in cabinet knobs in 2 sizes. I'd like to take the larger cabinet knob and use those on the doors which need smaller knobs BUT they don't have a smaller number 8 backplate.... or indeed any backplates for the cabinet knobs.

The existing brass knobs all have backplates so we really need to have them or it means repainting every door (arghhhhhh).

Help? Any suggestions for a source for small backplates? I guess round ones? The Emtek finish we have is 'pewter'.

Also, we'd like to replace some exposed hinges on a bathroom cabinet (yes I know this is the kitchen forum). Can we go from this exposed hinge to a concealed hinge? Or no?

Thanks so much!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedles

Wow, are those pretty! I can see why you like them. Can you take one off the door it's one and 'try it on' the other doors to see how it looks on them? It would involve removing knobs but in an hour or so you could see for yourself IRL how it looks. Just a thought.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 11:10AM
localeater

Could you find a similar backplate from another manufacturer that would work?
Have you called or emailed Emtek to make sure they do not have one? Sometimes they have things as parts that they don't necessarily list.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 12:25PM
hobokenkitchen

Emtek customer service were completely useless. I spoke to what sounded like a 15 year old petulant girl who had no suggestions whatsoever. Very off putting. : (

I don't care if it doesn't match particularly, but I'd like some continuity even if it's just the pewter finish.

Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 3:35PM
localeater

Go to myknobs.com. Filter by cabinet backplate, pewter finish.
This one is by Jeffrey Alexander. If the size works(2 13/16") I think it is a nice match.

From [Drop Box](https://picasaweb.google.com/117628792381036933260/DropBox?authuser=0&feat=embedwebsite)
    Bookmark   March 8, 2013 at 3:59PM
More Discussions
Zinc countertop anyone?
Hi. I'm doing a new kitchen and I have a medium-sized...
halgreene
HELP - need to pick a floor stain by tomorrow!
Hi, I'm struggling to pick a floor stain from the samples...
seosmp
Ikea cover panel installation question (Akurum line)
Hi all! I was ready to post this to ikeafans.com and...
criv227
Does this butler pantry addition add or detract from my kitchen?
My midcentury home has a very open plan and lots of...
rockybird
Conestoga whites
For those of you that have conestoga cabinets in one...
tigger9759
Sponsored Products
Laura Ashley Carla 13.5 in. Floral Barrel Shade SLB35113
$46.50 | Home Depot
Agrippina Natural Stone Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Madrix NEO (1 universe with software license)
EnvironmentalLights.com
Royal Teak Sailmate Folding Arm Chair - SMCB
$304.00 | Hayneedle
Classic Copper Patio Torch with Classic Wall Bracket
Signature Hardware
Schonbek | Vertex Diamond Pendant Light - VM1009
YLighting
Progress Lighting Lighting Hardware Alpha Trak White Track Lighting Flushmount
$9.18 | Home Depot
Pine Cone Black 48-inch to 86-inch Curtain Rod
$29.95 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™