bath venting

NoctuaJanuary 17, 2014

My 2 inch bathtub drain runs 7 feet perpendicular to the 3 inch toilet line and feeds in to the top of a 3 inch with a 2 inch Y. The drain line is at a 1 inch drop. I need to vent the bath within 5 feet of the tub to satisfy code (it will also double as a wet vent for the toilet), but at the 5 foot mark there is not enough room in the joist to accommodate a 90 out of the top. I would also preffer the vent closer to the tub.

Can I tee out 90� on the same plane as the drain and then go up the wall? Or does the vent need to leave the drain through the top? What about using a 2 inch Y at an angle and a 45� and 22.5� to straighten the pipe? Keeping in mind at no point wount the vent line ever be lower than the drain.

The toilet says max vent distance is 9 feet. Does the point the tub drain enters the 3 inch does that count as the (wet) vent point or is it at the point the vent comes off the tub drain? I suspect the former.

Edit: went with a T off set at 45ð with a 45ð to send it through the joist at a slight grade. It then 90s and conects to a vertical to the attic that runs though a crawl space to the stack.

This post was edited by Noctua on Sat, Jan 18, 14 at 20:38

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bus_driver

If AAV is acceptable to your Code, it could be placed behind a grille on the wall above your tub. Or the grille could be on the opposite side of the wall, perhaps in a closet.

Here is a link that might be useful: AAV box and grille

Bookmark   March 3, 2014 at 4:20PM
More Discussions
Doable...European sink & US bathroom pop-up drain and faucet?
if I purchase a small Belfast sink fron England to...
rantontoo
how to turn off dual water handle on kitchen valves
I need to turn off water to kitchen sink. We have...
akaelsie
Electric Water Heater Problem
I have an electric water heater; about a month ago...
aeharris63
Faucets from Big Box stores truly Lower quality?
What's the thinking on this? Is it an Urban Myth perpetrated...
compumom
Hot water backflowing into cold supply
OK, I'm rephrasing my question, as what I'd asked before...
pjb999
Sponsored Products
Crackled Crystal Glass Toothbrush Holder
TheBathOutlet
Kraus C-GV-104-12mm-1002 Clear Black Glass Vessel Sink and Sheven Faucet - C-GV-
$219.95 | Hayneedle
Sunset Drive Bath Bar
Lightology
Solid Brown Memory Foam 20 x 32 Bath Mat
Overstock.com
Taylor Two-Light Bath Fixture
$109.00 | Bellacor
Hudson Valley Lighting | Mill Valley Vanity Light
$364.00 | YLighting
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™