Sub-Q's & Walgreens

dwmcJune 24, 2013

Was e-mailed instructions on how to get them from Walgreens, but have lost the e-mail and it's not under "delete".
Do you get your sub-q's from Walgreens? When you go in person no one seems to know anything, yet people say you can obtain them there for much cheaper.
If you know anything can you e-mail me?:
TOBEY32@hotmail.com

David

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
spedigrees z4VT

Go to the pharmacy counter and ask for lactated ringer solution, lines, and 20 gage needles. You will need to get a prescription from your vet. Your vet might be able to call it in to the Walgreens pharmacist. I hope this helps.

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 11:43PM
laurief_gw

David, as the other posted stated, Ringer's is a prescription item, so you'll need to ask your vet to phone in or write you a script to present to the pharmacist. In my area, none of the pharmacies stock Ringers, but they can all order and receive it overnight once they have the prescription.

I recommend that you call around to ALL of the pharmacies in your area and ask for case pricing on Ringers. Prices can vary widely. In my area, Target is a MUCH cheaper source for Ringers than Walgreens. Also, when price checking, ask how many bags are in the case, as this varies between manufacturers, as well.

Laurie

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 12:53PM
oregpsnow

I have not done this (yet) but one person here said their Costco was really cheap, too.

Bookmark   June 25, 2013 at 6:10PM
lisa_fla

Costco is cheap and you don't have to be a member to use the pharmacy but David doesn't have a Costco by him. Did you get my email about Walgreens? I sent it again. A lot of people have difficulty when presenting the rx at the counter for some reason-there is a way to print out the item and price from Walgreens and bring it to them with the rx. The last time I looked, a case of 12 was $20-sometihng. Years ago I went to 2 different Targets with the NDC# and they had no clue what LRS were. Thats when I went to Costco. I pay about $21 for 12. The last time I bought a bag from the vet (3 years ago) it was $15.89 for one bag-no line or needle. I haven't priced out the needles and lines in a long while. I buy them from thrivingpets.com.

Bookmark   July 1, 2013 at 7:34PM
dwmc

Got all notes and e-mails. Thanks much. Will be looking into it!

David

Bookmark   July 2, 2013 at 8:12PM
More Discussions
Poison Control link
Some time ago Christine shared the following link to...
socks
Help me please!
Hello everyone I need some advice! I've had my beautiful...
azuresnow
Dog still has fleas after using Frontline Plus..
Two weeks ago, I gave my dog a bath and then applied...
dianamo_1
Does anyone have a spayed dog that has a brownish discharge?
I came to this Forum to ask your opinions about something...
pickyshopper
dog suddenly licking snow and plants
Today, like normal, my dog woke me when she needed...
greengirlreba
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™