SS appliances: will this match that?

tuxedord2March 11, 2014

Our kitchen is getting a facelift and we will be selling in about a year. None of our appliances were working well and it was time to replace them anyway. The realtor said SS appliances were a must.

I have a new model SS GE wall oven and a GE cooktop. Really shiny and prominent looking and taking me some time to get used to it!! (my kitchen is white)

I want to purchase a Bosch dishwasher. Will the stainless steel match? Hard to tell in the stores.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tuxedord2

Here is the wall oven

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 8:23AM
schicksal

Unless they're right near each other it may not be that big of a deal.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 9:06AM
mjocean

Hi,
I have all Wolf/SZ except the dishwasher, which is Miele. The dishwasher does NOT match but it is OK because the DW is on the other side of the kitchen.
MJ

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 10:22AM
tuxedord2

Thanks! The appliances won't be touching but since my eye is so drawn to the new appliances I know I'll be looking. Haha, but that is just me so maybe a buyer won't notice.

I think the GE is more of a warm SS and the Bosch might be more of a cool SS. I'm going to the store to check one more time to see if I can determine how much it might bother me.

Also I found this link from July talking about the different types of SS and to test with magnets et cetera.

Here is a link that might be useful: SS types

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 10:32AM
annkh_nd

I have a GE range, a Whirlpool DW, and an LG fridge. They look fine together.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 10:33AM
Linelle

I have a Bosch DW, KitchenAid fridge, Zephyr hood and Sharp MW. Their individual stainless probably varies a bit but they all look fine together.

Bookmark   March 11, 2014 at 10:59AM
FingNugSnug

My appliances are all different brands, and they look fine together. I made sure the handles on the doors were basically the same so that visually, they appear to match.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 1:08AM
FingNugSnug

My appliances are all different brands, and they look fine together. I made sure the handles on the doors were basically the same so that visually, they appear to match.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 1:09AM
snookums2

You should be able to tell if they are warm or cool. While they won't be exactly the same, I would want to aim for warm or cool and not mix sharp modern lines with softer ones so they feel generally the same. Also considering fingerprint issues. Location can ease the difference in.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 7:37AM
crl_

My frigidaire range and refrigerator do not match my Bosch dishwasher's stainless, but it's fine. What's not fine is that he Bosch is so much harder to keep clean. The other appliances don't show fingerprints and smudges can be easily wiped away with a damp cloth. The Bosch shows fingerprints and streaks and is much harder to get looking nice.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 10:48AM
eve72

If they don't match you will notice every time you look at them.

Bookmark   March 13, 2014 at 1:51PM
More Discussions
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Unusual granite
I have searched for other pictures of this granite....
ourgeorgiahouse
hardware length vs. drawer width..
All, We've figured out which pulls we want for our...
yoda888
Silgranit sink color for Alaska White granite?
In the ever-changing world that is my new build, I...
beeps
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™