how to combat the heat

NinapearlJune 22, 2013

well, at least for pigs. it's been in the 90's the past couple of days. i came home from work yesterday to find lilly napping. IN the pool...

arnold likes to **gasp** POOP in the pools so i am constantly emptying/refilling them. porkahontas loves the fresh cold water. i just wish she wouldn't sit on the edge and displace much of the nice, fresh water!

this is harley's first summer living full time as an outside piggy. his previous owner told me he wasn't much for the kiddie pool they got him. he would stay in it as long as there were cheerios floating around for him to catch. i'm beginning to wonder if she sent me the wrong pig because THIS harley is LOVIN' the pools!

one day last week, i came home to find harley stretched completely out in the pool, not moving. i gasped to myself thinking he had drowned. i jumped out of my van and hollered his name. he jumped up and scurried to the fence for a cookie. turns out, he has been resting his head at a corner where there was very little water but the rest of his body was almost submerged. whew!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

What wonderful pictures, and you certainly do take good care of your piggies. It's a lot of work. Are their pools in the shade?

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 12:43PM
Ninapearl

yup, since they are my responsibility and they depend on me for everything, i care for them the best i can. :) i love these guys, they have SO much personality and each is very different from the others. i know it's hard to believe but they can be very cuddly.

i move the pools around a lot because they like to wallow in the wet sand right beside them so the ground gets very uneven. so, sometimes they are in the sun (as in these pics) but most of the time, they are in the shade.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 1:16PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

They sure are happy as pigs in...........pools!!! Nina, all your animals are so lucky to have you taking care of them!! I know the joy they bring you!!

Thanks for the fun pictures.

Bookmark   June 23, 2013 at 10:42PM
socks

I know they are smart, too. I remember from my childhood days thumbing through World Book Encyclopedia there was a graphic showing pictures of the "smartest" animals, and pigs were pictured there. I never forgot that because I was surprised even then. So if you sit down and give a little lecture about pooping in the pool, maybe they'll learn something! (Just kidding, of course.)

Bookmark   June 24, 2013 at 7:27PM
More Discussions
please help with a question about euthanizing a dog
my dog was put to sleep yesterday and i am upset with...
robin7500
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
Spray to deter cat scratching woodwork
Does the spray work? I almost bought a bottle at PetCo...
schoolhouse_gw
How to approach neighbors re: horrendous dog poo smell?
I'm sorry if this post is long, but I'm trying to give...
loralee_2007
Bentley & Olivia
olivia has settled in so well with a flawless transition,...
Ninapearl
Sponsored Products
Ariana Palace Green Round Rug (7'10)
Overstock.com
KAS Lifestyle 5475 Stripes 7'10" Round Earthtone Rug
$225.00 | PlushRugs
Flexbrite Ultra Warm White 15-Foot LED Rope Light Kit
$54.99 | Lamps Plus
Tesla 3 LED 0-30 Adj Trim 50 Degree 85CRI
Lightology
Kids Adirondack Chair - Loll Designs
$235.00 | HORNE