Photos or paint help for a sagey green kitchen color.

CassandraMarch 3, 2008

Can anyone share pictures or paint choices for a sage color green kitchen? I want to avoid a "pastel" look, so I'm trying to find a deeper color greyish/green. But I also want to avoid going too dark, such as olive. This is hard!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bmorepanic
    Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 8:18AM
november

Our kitchen is BM Moon Shadow #1516 and the adjacent family room is the next darker color on the palette, Mosaic tile #1517

We picked them because they're very grey, and they turned out really well. I'm not sure how well you can see the color in the photograph, though.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 8:25AM
pdxgal

We actually just painted our kitchen Sherwin Williams Conservative Grey. I wanted more of a grey look, but this actually has quite a bit of light green to it. I have white cabinets and REALLY like the way the color turned out on the wall. Subtle and I'm so happy that there was some green to it, because I think all grey would have looked too drab. This isn't a deep gray/green, but definitely is not pastel either. It's pretty bright and airy which I needed since we don't get a ton of natural light in the kitchen. I don't have any good pictures to post yet, but will as soon as I do.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 8:34AM
natesgramma

Dry sage seems to be a popular one, to dark for me so I used Saybrook Sage. Here is a link to the gallery section in the decorator forum. It takes a bit of time to load but worth the wait.

Here is a link that might be useful: Greens

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 9:07AM
dd70

We painted the dining room Benjamine Moore "camoflouge", it's not pastel at all. I had looked at olive branch and it was too dark, this color won. I dont have a pic yet, the monitor would not do it justice anyway. When you go paint shopping just look for the color and that may lead you to others. good luck! I hate picking out paint.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 9:13AM
salbwil

I second camouflage ; it is one of those wonderful colors that play off of what else is in the room, according to light.
salbwil

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:11AM
alku05

Our livingroom is Behr Caraway which is a rich sagey green. here's a peek at it:

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:14AM
callieandkarin

Here's a third vote for BM Camouflage. We love it in our kitchen-- not minty, not too gray. Below are pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sage green kitchen with Red Birch Cabinets and Green Glass Backsplash

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:57AM
raehelen

I haven't bought it yet- (Cuz I'm #1 waiting for the Aura paints to be available, and #2 we may be adding on to Master Bedroom instead of just renovating)- but I have fallen in love with Benjamin Moore Hampshire Gray- a very rich sage green. I've been looking for that colour for over a year- if you go to the decorating forum- there is a thread that people have posted tons and tons of pics of their greens.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 11:14AM
mom2sethc

Hello,

Here is a pic of my green kitchen, it opens up to my family room. The green is SW Bamboo Shoot and the yellow is SW White Raisin.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 11:21AM
muscat

This is a Kelly Moore green; cannot remember the name, but I could find out.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 12:02PM
Babka NorCal 9b

You can get little jars of paint samples at Benjamin Moore, and I think others have them as well. You will need to put some on each wall and watch it during the day and at night, as lighting conditions can make a major difference in what the color looks like in your home. We finally selected BM Saybrook Sage too.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 12:17PM
athomewith3

I also have carraway by Behr like Alku05 but ours is only 1/4 of the formula so it is much lighter. We don't get alot of light in our kitchen so this color works well. Good luck. Sorry it isn't a large coverage on the kitchen wall but it is the only picture i have at the moment. Hope it gives you an idea.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 12:21PM
tina999

Mom2seths,
where are you located?
i am asking because your kitchen and family is an exact copy of mine - everything!! Must be same builder, same architect! It looks like you live in my neighborhood, next door!!

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 1:57PM
zelmar

This may be too pastel for you, it's BM Sweet Caroline. I originally wanted a grayer green but decided the kitchen needed some brightening up with the dark cabinets. 2 pictures under different lighting conditions, same paint (but different phases of construction.)

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 3:04PM
dd70

nice to see I made a good paint choice with the camouflage, its always tough for me, I love the color. Now, if only there was a spell checker on this board, it seems I created a new word with 'camoflouge', he he ;)

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 6:04PM
champagne_taste

mom2sethc, I am a SW White Raisin fan too! My living room is done in that color and I love it. It goes with practically anything or any color. Yours looks great!

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 6:14PM
fern76

I debated this for a long time and finally chose SW Austere gray, which is actually green, but in certain lights, looks almost blue, really love it! Not pastel at all.

I brought home several samples and had many patches all over the place, then decided to go with this one and just figured I could repaint if I didn't like it! Good luck!

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 9:36PM
pdxgal

Ooh, I like SW Austere Gray too. I thought about that one, but ended up with Conservative Gray.

Bookmark   March 3, 2008 at 10:28PM
mom2sethc

Tina999,

I'm in NE Ohio. I also love my SW White Raisin! I have it throughout most of my home. I have some rooms in the SW Bamboo Shoot (green) and a few in SW Steely Gray. I get a lot of compliments on my colors. My style is beach cottage, wishful thinking since I live in Ohio!!

Elaine

Bookmark   March 4, 2008 at 9:08AM
More Discussions
Cabs above the fridge and wall oven
We don't have a KD yet, and I'm still just figuring...
Jennifer Weinman
Any reason a DW couldn't go next to a fridge?
We need to pull the trigger on our cabinets next week,...
gretchen718
Anyone used solid surface backsplash with granite countertops?
I am considering doing full backsplash in Corian (or...
Carol Vesier
Need help on storing root vegetables
Can anyone help me with ideas to store my root veges...
sl4321
Please help with Kitchen floorplan
Hello everyone, My husband and I are building a new...
mary8153
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™