bentley's new found freedom

NinapearlJune 27, 2010

my new guy is proving to be the perfect dog! he is really enjoying his new found freedom, able to run and play off leash and his recall is excellent. sometimes, he will bound away in pursuit of a rabbit or he'll get a burst of energy and get a serious case of the zoomies out in the field but one whistle brings him charging back to my side. i swear, i can almost see him grinning. :D

he dragged a long line around the first couple of days but he has proven himself reliable so now, like the girls, he doesn't even wear a collar unless we are going to town.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
christine1950

I'm so happy for Bentley he's found heaven on earth since you rescued him. Nice playground for your furbabies

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 8:10AM
Ninapearl

thanks, christine. i'm not sure who is happier...him or me. :)

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 8:20AM
petra_gw

He is so very, very lucky, I love the photos. Like C. wrote, your dogs have heaven on earth. :o)

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 9:54AM
lily316

Bentley is so lucky to have you and his new "buds".

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 11:34AM
Ninapearl

*I* am the lucky one! bentley has sure managed to bring me out of the doldrums since i lost my 2 corgi kids a few months ago. was it winston churchill who said "the outside of a dog is good for the inside of a man"? or, woman in this case! :)

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 1:47PM
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7

What a great place to walk! I'm loving your pics too!

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 2:23PM
sylviatexas1

cute pics!

but ya know....

When I first looked at that first photo, I blinked & had to hit my mental re-set button.

I thought,
"What am I looking at?
I thought Bentley was a dog.
These are horses."

Re-set.

Oh, yeah...
those *are* dogs!

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 5:49PM
Ninapearl

LOL, sylvia!! i had no idea we had mental reset buttons! please, please tell me where to find it!!! :D

thanks, bumblebeez. i am so blessed not only to have hundreds of acres of farm fields around me but also very friendly farmers who don't care that we walk through their fields as long as they aren't planted. this field is "set aside" ground, about 100 acres that grows wild. the path you see is where i mowed down to the road to allow us to walk off of the farm without going past the underground fence boundary. i mowed it to lessen the chances of walking up on a snake! :O

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 5:52AM
kim_okla

It look like fun for everyone.

Bookmark   June 28, 2010 at 3:36PM
cynthia_gw

Beautiful dogs and beautiful photos! I do hope you'll consider having simple loose and comfy tag collars made for them so that they have ID on at all times. Anything can happen in the house when you aren't home, or in the field even when you're with them. With ID on, the story has a better chance of a positive outcome.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 11:14AM
Ninapearl

cynthia, i have appointment for all 3 of them next month for wellness checks and regular vaccinations. i am going to have them all microchipped but you're right, simple collars with i.d. tags would probably be a good idea.

Bookmark   July 2, 2010 at 4:09PM
More Discussions
Have you had a cat just vanish?
My beautiful black cat, Midnight just vanished . I...
berk
Finally, no more poop eating.
After trying every product under the sun with no help...
roobear
loose aggressive dog on walk, need help
i need helpful advice about aggressive dog in neighborhood....
adoiron
Need help from you guys please!!
I think something changed with the forum and I cannot...
ElsasMom
My cat has an unknown illness! Help!!!!
Hi There I have a 14 and a half year old male cat Sylvester...
rachelmfi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™