southwest airlines

cindyandmochaJune 26, 2010

So this month I've been traveling a lot. Airlines publish magazines each month about themselves. This month (June, 2010), Southwest's Magazine on the plane was all about dogs.

Specfically, they talked about rescue dogs. Lots of great articles. If you can pick up a copy from someone who is traveling, do so.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
socks

I saw that issue when we went to Oakland last weekend. Very nice.

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 3:05PM
petaloid

I found it online!

Here is a link to the article about the rescue dog, and look for the next article, 167 Ways To Love Your Dog:

Here is a link that might be useful: Article about rescue dog

Bookmark   June 26, 2010 at 8:53PM
cindyandmocha

OMG............. i have flown back and forth to oakland for the last 3 weeks and next week too. I know the article you are speaking of.

Usually (and i travel a lot) i ignore the articles........... but that one got to me. A fellow traveler (i JUST flew back home last night from Oakland), and I were talking about it.

We each said how that was the first time an airline article ever put a tear in our eyes.

It was a great read. Our service men deserve more than they get. And that dog totally changed that guy's life.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 1:16AM
cindyandmocha

By the way.. that entire magazine's focus is on dog's for the June issue. If someone can get you a copy, ask them to.

Southwest encourages people to take the magazine off the flight and keep it. It is chock full (in that issue) about dogs.

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 1:19AM
petaloid

Yes, I hope you checked the online link I put in my first post -- the list on the left side connects to the other articles in the issue.

I'll put another link below.

I live near an airport, so maybe I can get a paper copy too.

Here is a link that might be useful: another article - 167 Ways To Love Your Dog

Bookmark   June 27, 2010 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
cat with renal failure
My 17 yo cat has renal failure and has developed abdominal...
dlana
It's 2015....time for a new post about Vaccuum cleaners for Pet hair!!
Exciting, I know!! :). I searched and the most recent...
magsnj
Dog training human.....
I am an intermittent dog trainer. I worked hard at...
agmss15
Smelly dog ears
I am not used to having a long floppy eared dog (Dachshund)....
lily316
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™