Comfortis

lindaga1947May 13, 2010

I lost my little pom Sable 05-10-2010 as a result of taking this flea pill. I gave it to her on 04-24-2010. She stopped eating 05-08-10, had severe stomach spasms, tried to vomit and couldn't, took her to the vet 05-10-2010 and he did blood work and said everything looked good, gave me capstar to give her later, a shot to help her appetite. My granddaughter gave her the capstar at 3:30 pm that same day and Sable's heart started to pound so loudly you could hear it and was beating really fast, at 3:50 pm she was dead.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
petaloid

I am very, very sorry about your beloved little dog.

I'm not sure why you think the Comfortis caused her death. If it had side effects I believe they would have happened right after you gave it to her, not two weeks later.

Whatever the reason was, my thoughts go out to you.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 11:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Meghane

I am very sorry as well.

I'd be interested to learn the lesions found in necropsy that were associated with Comfortis toxicity. I don't prescribe it very often even though the hospital where I work sells it. Please share any information you have so I help avoid further tragedies. Also, what shot was given? Maybe we should avoid whatever the shot was when Comfortis has beed given. Or maybe Capstar was the problem.

Again I am very sorry for your loss.

Bookmark   May 16, 2010 at 8:01PM
More Discussions
itching dogs -- please read
Wanted to let you all know bout a product called Biotin...
trisha57_ny
UBAVET Joint Plus Glucosamine HCL
Does anyone have their dog or cat on UBAVET Joint Plus...
marielle(zone4b-5a)
Finally, no more poop eating.
After trying every product under the sun with no help...
roobear
ACL tear in dog's knee
Hi everyone, Our dog Maggie was just diagnosed with...
Pinky920
Need some advice regarding my neighbor's dogs.......kinda long....
She has 3 dogs - 12 yr old Collie (some arthritis issues),...
kitasmommie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™