Need your expertise.....

susanne283March 16, 2013

I have posted recently about planning to have a refrigerator surround designed. Yesterday I called each of the cabinet makers you folks recommended..four in total. Each had the same answer....."we are too busy to do a small job." Perhaps I should have anticipated it as there was an article in the Sunday paper last week about the surge in home renovations in my area. So, as I inherited my Apple Valley kitchen, (they are out of business), and have never had the pleasure to design a kitchen, I don't know how to proceed. I believe Apple Valley is considered semi-custom, though I admit to not even knowing exactly what the means. Do you think I would be able to match my existing cabinets with another semi-custom brand? The fridge is on a wall of it's own, opposite the other cabinets. I appreciate any help. Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
herbflavor

what details do you have about the species and stain color/any glazing/ date of instllation of your cabs in your kitchen? Stains can be matched....a drawer front provided will enable a close replication of how it looks today. So, is it just panels or cabinets/pantry you seek as well?get it on graph paper and submit it to Scherrs or Conestoga/Barkers/ Cabinet Joint/maybe Cliq..... and a couple of them have online design if there is a bit more than just panels..

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 8:03AM
susanne283

Thanks herbflavor ....I do know the cabinets are maple, and painted creamy white. We want to do a surround with cabinets above and a side pullout pantry. Bad timing, I guess....;)

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 1:28PM
blfenton

What about finding a finishing carpenter in your area who might be able to do a small job for you. If you have friends/family who are doing some renos they might have one on site that you can contact.

Go to your local lumber yards and ask them if they have any who come in on a regular basis buying supplies. That's how we found the best house painter ever. We went to our local BM dealer and asked them for recommendations. They gave us names of those who they knew personally and who always paid their bills on time.

Bookmark   March 16, 2013 at 1:56PM
More Discussions
Help needed with this beam!!!
We had part of a wall taken down in the kitchen &...
mark_rachel
Kitchen quote for RTA
I am shopping around for a redesigned kitchen. Below...
vonecu4
Just got my kitchen remodel photographed by a prof. What a difference!
For some reason a couple of the pics double posted....
Tamara Hadji
Responsiveness of cabinet manufacturers
I was convinced that Barker was the cabinet company...
seb225
Cherry and White Granite Kitchen Reveal - Lots of Photos!
First of all- this is a thank you post to the Gardenweb...
jenibufford
Sponsored Products
Driftwood Bouquet Handmade Floor Lamp with Fabric Shade
ParrotUncle
Light Blue & Green Octopus Rug
$19.99 | zulily
Hudson Valley Pelham Restoration-Vintage Mini Pendant
1800Lighting
Edward Rug
Home Decorators Collection
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot