Need some advice please

country_sunshineDecember 1, 2010

My old digital camera finally gave up the ghost entirely...and I am in need of replacing it pronto..

I am working on a cookbook and need to take some good close up photos of the recipes I am including in my book...

Plus I love to take photos of old barns and farmsteads around where we live her in Tennessee... and of course flora and fauna and my pets as well... I would love something with a good zoom, but please nothing complicated... just something I can plug into my computer and go through the photos and either keep or delete.... and I don't have a ton of $$ to spend..

Am I asking too much?? Any and all advice would be awesome..

Thank you,

Carolyn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

What's your definition of a ton of money? I'm a big fan of the Panasonic Lumix line, especially the superzooms. Amazon has the FZ35 for $259.99 (free shipping). I can personally recommend this camera, which I've used for several purposes, including both photography exhibits and everyday photos. Long zoom and great closeup quality.

Bookmark   December 4, 2010 at 1:47PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
krikit

I just bought the FZ35 - wanted to go DSLR but it was just too much money for me. I'm enjoying the camera thus far - haven't had it long enough to learn all the different settings - but have been able to take some nice pics with just the basic settings - pics good enough for enlarging to 8 x 10 which was important to me. I haven't figured the video out yet, can get the video taken but the file doesn't show up on my computer - so am thinking it is something simple. Bottom line .... good quality pics easily, but also lots to play around with and learn. Good luck, and let us know what you end up with - and how you like it.

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 7:41PM
More Discussions
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™