Problem with scanning slides

audrey_gwDecember 21, 2008

I have a Plustek Opticfilm 7300 scanner that I use with the Silverfast program for scanning slides. When I first got it, I didn't realize that even the slides with horizontal orientation had to be placed in the tray vertically--or else the resulting images would have their sides chopped off. But, once I figured out how to scan them vertically and rotate the result, everything worked fine up until a couple days ago.

Now, strangely enough, I'm having almost the same problem with vertical pictures. They are coming out with the top and bottom chopped off and black space showing on the sides, as if something is trying to convert them into horizontal images.

I suspect that this could actually be a problem with the program I use to display the finished result--Microsoft Photo Gallery--as the small preview images the scanner shows when it is working are correct. But I've always used this program with the scanner, so don't see why it should suddenly start acting up in this way. Or might I have accidentally changed something in the Silverfast program without realizing it? If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
crunchpa

Did you get that figured out?

Bookmark   December 27, 2008 at 9:10AM
audrey_gw

No, I haven't figured out a solution yet, as I didn't have much time to think about the problem due to Christmas preparations, etc. Not that thinking about it did me much good before! Do you hsve any suggestions?

Bookmark   December 27, 2008 at 10:30AM
audrey_gw

I figured out that it isn't a problem with Photo Gallery, by the way, as I tried making the default display program IrfanView instead--and it did the same thing.

Bookmark   December 27, 2008 at 11:30AM
audrey_gw

I was finally able to solve my problem by going into the Silverfast program and deleting the Prefs file. That returned the program to the settings it had when it was installed.

Bookmark   December 28, 2008 at 2:14PM
More Discussions
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
JeanInWa
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™