help - complete rookie with photoshop

sportsmom12December 13, 2009

I am not one to read a manual but I think I am in over my head with Photoshop CS3. For now all I want to do is move an object around a picture. I got as far as doing a laso of it and then hit move to move it- but then got stuck. I can't get it to stay there without the white diagnol line showing I pasted it. Then I can't figure out how to get rid of it in the original place.

I think it might have something to do with layering,but not sure how all that works.

Thanks for any patience and help you can provide

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pfmastin

I'm no expert either, but in Photoshop Elements 6 I can place the curser on the lassoed object, and do a right click to copy or cut and then left click to paste it somewhere else. Is that what you mean?

Hopefully someone else will also chime in and help out.

Bookmark   December 14, 2009 at 7:46PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

I can't help you with that, but I can recommend a good book: Teach Yourself Visually Adobe Photoshop CS3. I used it when I used CS3, but when I changed computers I went back to using Elements, which has everything I need and much more. I just bought Elements 8 as a Christmas present for myself. :-)

You can get the book (and others about CS3) used on Amazon for not a lot of money.

Bookmark   December 16, 2009 at 12:14PM
More Discussions
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™