Boys bedding

musicteacherMarch 28, 2014

I know places like Pottery barn have cute bedding for boys, but I need a less expensive alternative. The cheaper places seem to have really ugly, gaudy stuff like spongebob. Any ideas where I could find nice sheets and quilts for my 3 and 5 year old gradsons?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
meghnjosh

I've had good luck buying bedding fm overstock...I esp love their Tommy Hilfiger bedding options...

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 1:23PM
mtnrdredux_gw

Target.

or ebay or etsy

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 1:29PM
tibbrix

PB on eBay

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 1:30PM
mellyc123

PB outlets also or other stores such as Marshalls or TJMAXX

Amazon ...
What style and quality are you looking for?

Here is a link that might be useful: dinosaur bedding

Bookmark   March 28, 2014 at 10:14PM
rdquilter

I just got nice quilts for my grandsons at bed bath beyond after lots of searching! My sil had coupons and I got a good price on sheets As well. They were plaid quilts.

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 12:23AM
tibbrix

Also check HomeGoods if you have one in your area.

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 7:58AM
nosoccermom

IKEA and H&M, and I'd go for duvet covers. Easier for them to learn how to make their beds at an early age.

IKEA

Between 15.00 and 25.00 a set.

H&M

all around 25.00 fo ra set

I've been quite impressed with their qwuality. Also, check their sale.

Can be all ordered online.

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 11:06AM
cyn427 (zone 7)

I was going to say Ikea as well. I am pretty sure that is where I bought my son's bedding when he was little ~30 years ago. :)

It is still my favorite for little boys! We had the sheets and the quilt.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cars and trucks

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 12:03PM
kateskouros

i'm not a fan of licensed product sheeting. i really like solid navy blue sheeting with a patchwork madras quilt and matching pillow shams.

Bookmark   March 29, 2014 at 7:41PM
Holly- Kay

I agree with Kate regarding licensed product sheeting. I like the looks of Land's End oxford stripe sheeting, a solid Pendleton wool blanket, and/or a plaid coverlet. I also like LL Bean for reasonably priced bedding.

There are so many lovely options that don't include cartoon characters or super heroes. With that being said if your little guy just loves a character set go for it.

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 9:44AM
cyn427 (zone 7)

I moved to an Amish color block quilt when DS was around 8 years old, but when he was younger, he loved the bright cars, trucks, and buses on the Marimekko Bo Boo bedding. So did I. Did I mention that one of his favorite books was Let's Go Trucks!? I also let him choose the color for his room-bright saturated green-perfect with the bedding! :). It was most definitely a happy space.

Sorry, don't know how to underline book titles on the iPad.

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 10:30AM
Holly- Kay

Cyn, the cars and trucks bedding is super cute for young boys. I love all the bright colors and can see how cheerful it would make a boy's room!

Bookmark   March 30, 2014 at 10:43AM
noellabelle

I got my son's bedding on cl, and it was from land of nod...love it! I've also found cute sets on ebay, and we also have tommy hilfiger sheets that have been great...I think I got ours on amazon.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 1:51PM
geokid

I got a multicolored patchwork quilt for my son's room at Target about four years ago. It has held up very well. I throw it in the wash every month or so and so far no fraying or fading or unraveling, etc.

Both of these look similar to items that Pottery Barn is currently selling.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 3:20PM
allison0704

DD2 just purchased DGS an organic pillowcase and duvet cover for his toddler bed from two etsy shops. I've never searched etsy for twin bedding, but I bet someone sells it.

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 6:27PM
musicteacher

Thanks to all of you. I finally found some cute little airplane sheets at Home Goods, and settled for plain striped comforter. I would have liked to have found a solid color quilt though. Don't know why I didn't think of Ikea, they have such cute children's stuff. From what I saw online though, it would have been a little more expensive since I would have to buy the duvet cover and the insides for it. Anyway, what I got is in primary colors so it should be easy to coordinate curtains or whatever else they need. Being a grandma it fun!

Bookmark   March 31, 2014 at 11:29PM
nosoccermom

It sounds like a fun combination.

I personally grew up with duvet covers and like the ease of making beds and also not having to wrestle with top sheet and blanket etc....
Their duvet insides come in various degrees of thickness, so I switch from thicker to thinner to just the duvet cover with increasing temperatures.

Bookmark   April 1, 2014 at 10:02AM
More Discussions
House exterior - cedar siding alternative?
I love the look of horizontal cedar slats, and would...
juno_barks
Ikea mattresses
We need to get a new twin mattress for my DS (9). ...
jlc712
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - I hate it!!
I'm painting a few pieces of furniture for my daughters...
aggierose
Anyone Dislike Their Memory Foam Mattress?
After 4-5yrs of having it DH and I looked at each other...
ttodd
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™