problem w/ night shots..Canon SD550

trailrunnerbikerDecember 6, 2007

Hey I have not posted in a while. I have been taking pictures of our Victorian Porch tour this year . The first set are all daytime .( They are on the Old House Forum). I tried to take pics last night and almost all of them came out blurry. I was trying to use the night snap shot setting. Do you have any tips to help with outdoor scenes that are lit by floodlights ? There is no problem with cold etc. Also I can get as close as I want. I think I may have stood back too far but not sure. Any help will be very much appreciated. Caroline

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zitro_joe

can you post a picture please, it might lead to some solutions if we can see the problem.

Zjoe

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 10:28AM
trailrunnerbiker

oops I was so disgusted I erased them !! Yikes. I will try again tonight and see. THANK YOU, Caroline

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 12:18PM
bean_counter_z4

Low light shots without a flash are always better if you use a tripod. I think the most common reason for blurred photos is camera shake. If you don't have a tripod available, try steadying your hands on something like a railing, car hood, mail box, anything solid that won't wobble--and hold your breath;)

Set camera to 'night snapshot' mode. Set the ISO to 400 and try a few snaps. (It seems 400 is the highest setting on your camera.)

Good luck.

Bookmark   December 6, 2007 at 4:00PM
trailrunnerbiker

Bean counter that is what I decided was the problem. I never need to worry about steadiness in the day shots but the night ones are really differentl Thanks for the tip and I will try the car hood and breathholding. THANKS c

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
kentuck_8b
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
jeaninwa
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Lens isssues with cheaper digitals
Looked thru a couple of pages of forum topics for this...
robertz6
Sponsored Products
Wood Dinosaur Children Night Light for Bedroom
ParrotUncle
Celeste Home Ultra Soft Blue Stripe Flannel Sheet Set
Overstock.com
Serena & Lily Pebble Zip Sack
Serena & Lily
Authentic Talatech 230 Thread Count Latex Foam Medium Density Pillow
Overstock.com
Gama Sonic Outdoor Lighting. 6 in. Crown Solar LED Shed Light with Adjustable So
$39.00 | Home Depot
Chelsey Dark Bronze Fluorescent One-Light Table Lamp
$165.00 | Bellacor
Atlanta Braves Shot Glass Set
$18.99 | zulily
Birka Lantern
$27.99 | Dot & Bo
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™