Picasa

moonerDecember 9, 2008

I was wondering if anyone here used Picasa for their pictures. I like the program, but if I want to add a picture to an email, or as I just tried, went to tiny pics to try to add a picture to a web site, I cannot get a picture out of picasa. If I was to send a picture in an email, I have to go into the Picasa program and send it from the email in Picasa. Is there any way to pull these pictures out another way.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
abr4xii

When you attach a picture to an email/web site do you not go to the folder containing your pictures on your hard drive?

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 2:24PM
mooner

yes, but Picasa will not come up for me. I wondered what I was doing wrong.

Bookmark   December 9, 2008 at 10:49PM
abr4xii

If you want to attach a pic to an email you don't need to open Picasa.
Just click "attach file" and you'll get a "choose file" box.
Go to where you keep your pics..My Docs etc and choose.
As I understand it Picasa just "monitors" your pic folders,it isn't a pic folder unto itself. So you can't do an attachment from it.
I hope I understand your problem correctly.

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 12:31AM
crunchpa

That explanation should be of help to you......also, if you want to embed or link a photo to a website, that can be done directly from picassa by copying and pasting the url address they supply on the right hand side of your album page.

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 6:54AM
rcnaylor

Terminology seems to be getting crossed up and causing room for confusion.

For reference purposes there are two Picasas that can be in play. There is the picasa you have on your computer. As mooner noted you can just click on "e-mail" in there and send a pic by e-mail from there if you want.

Also, Picasa will let you set up a web site account and upload pics from you computer to its web site in your Picasa program on your computer. Then, as referenced above, you can link to other places on the web from there.

Lastly, if you want to store your pics somewhere on the web besides picasa's web site, you have to "export" the picture/file in the Picasa on your computer to another place on your computer, where you can then upload them to, say, Photobucket. At least that is the way I do it.

Bookmark   December 10, 2008 at 10:21AM
More Discussions
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™