Favorite photo-sharing sites?

jenswrensNovember 22, 2008

Hi all,

I've been playing with different photo-hosting sites out there and cannot find one I really like.

Which photo-hosting/sharing sites do most of you use and why? Which ones are best? I'm really looking for one that is easy to use, easy to share, is clean and ad-free and allows for some creativity with organizing, captions, etc. (I'm not necessarily looking for a free site.)

Some I've played with are Flickr, Pbase, Zenfolio, photobucket. They all have pros & cons.

Thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lindajewell

For sharing albums with friends I use Kodak Easy Share Gallery, for sharing Photos here and other forums I use Photobucket.

Bookmark   November 22, 2008 at 8:48PM
mamarazzi

DH (Paparazzi...lol) uses Smugmug and loves it. There are different options to customize it and you can make photographs and/or entire galleries private if you simply want to share them with specific people. Viewers can also, if you allow it, view photo's in small, medium, large and original sizes. I do not think all the sites have that option.

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 9:51AM
mamarazzi

I just realized you can try the site out on trial for two weeks. I will try to link to the page below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smugmug Trial Offer

Bookmark   November 24, 2008 at 11:34AM
jenswrens

Thanks. I have opened a trial acct at smugmug, also pbase and zenfolio. I think the reason people here use photobucket almost exclusively is that the other 3 sites apparently arent compatible with GW. Even using the same html code as I use with pbucket, I cannot embed photos from smugmug or pbase. the photos just don't show up here. ugh. back to photobucket, i guess.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 5:16PM
crunchpa

I have tried several and have settled on Picassa.

Bookmark   November 25, 2008 at 7:46PM
solstice98

I've been using photobucket since 2005 and love it. I've also used webshots and kodak, but don't like them nearly as well. I've heard good things about picassa, but haven't tried it.

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 8:58PM
ashelton80

+1 for SmugMug! Thats where I host my website. Customizing is kind of a pain unless you want to learn CSS script though. I learned enough to get the look I want.

Bookmark   November 27, 2008 at 10:50PM
rcnaylor

I use Photobucket, Picasa and Webshots. I tried Flickr but its monthly limit on uploading (then at least) made it more hassle than it was worth.

I use photobucket the most.

I do all my editing in Picasa on the computer.

It kind of boils down to a coke pepsi issue. Different tastes and needs.

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 9:59AM
juanital

I only use Photobucket, have tried flicker...I guess just for as much as I share it serves its purpose without getting over complicated with different ones...and this forum and MS is about all I share where i can copy and paste!...not much helpful...sorry!

Bookmark   November 30, 2008 at 6:33PM
coffeehaus

Another Picasa fan, here. Easy to upload, edit, share, and post photos to other websites, like GW. Picasa 3 has a watermark option if you have concerns about your photos being used by unauthorized viewers.
I also use SnapFish...free, sharing, editing, and good prices for prints should you so wish.

Bookmark   December 14, 2008 at 7:03AM
More Discussions
predator in the tall grass
Ok its just a tiny 7lb cat; but she doesn't think so....
molossermom
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™