jaggies

gipsterNovember 9, 2007

Hi all, I hope you can help. As you can see in the picture I have some distortion.What setting on my camera do I need to change.If I remember I use to get some nice clear pictures from this camera. I usually use the "auto" setting for everything. I do turn the flash off sometimes It's a Canon A620 7.1 mega pixel.I'm guessing you experts will show me the way. Thank you in advance. GIPSTER

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jemdandy

The picture you posted is only 420 x 320 pixels. The picture will likely have the jaggies if it is expanded more than 2.8 x 2.1 inches squared (150 pixels per inch).

The other problem you may have is in reducing the photo to 60 KB or less for posting. The amount of jagginess is dependent to some degree on the software used to reduce the file size. Some applications are better than others at smoothing diagonal lines when processing photo files. In some cases it is better to keep higher pixel counts and make use of more file compression available for jpg file type. It's a balancing act for reducing to a small file size.

Your camera has 7.1 MegaPixels which is plenty to make a 8 x 10 inch squared print, but the file size would be much larger than 60 KB.

Tip: Never edit your original file or overwrite it. Always make a copy, give it slightly differt name, and edit that copy. If the results are undesirable, delete it, get another copy and experiment with it.

Bookmark   November 13, 2007 at 2:18AM
More Discussions
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
DX or FX?
Hello all, I recently purchased a nikon d300. Im new...
andi2928
linear polarizing filter
Hi, I have a linear polarizing filter (make unknown)...
shakushinnen
Replace Canon G12 Powershot lens
I'm considering ordering a replacement lens for my...
oldbat2be
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
jeaninwa
Sponsored Products
Furniture of America Jaggi Modern Cappuccino Corner Bookcase
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™