Deleting photos off 8gb scan card

mboston_gwOctober 2, 2012

Getting ready to take a trip and I was cleaning up the SD card. WAnting to delete all photos from it while in the camera. I have a Nikon 90. Never had a problem with doing this before but now its telling me that "the option is not available with the current settings. Also says that for a number of the other items listed in the Playback menu.

Any idea what settings they may be talking about. Right now it is set on Auto, all the way. Can't figure out what I have done to change it. Help soon!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kentuck_8b

Try inserting the card into your computer and deleting it from there.

Kt

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 8:45AM
mboston_gw

Thank you so much - its the card having problems - not my camera - thank goodness and luckily all the pictures (all 900) had been saved!

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 2:05PM
kentuck_8b

I have one camera that needs to have the card removed and re-inserted sometimes more than once before it will work in the camera...bad card I guess.

Kt

Bookmark   October 3, 2012 at 9:46PM
lazypup

reformat the card and it will be empty and ready to go

Bookmark   October 4, 2012 at 2:20AM
mongoct

Some cards have a small sliding "lock" on the edge of the card. Make sure that is "unlocked".

Beyond that, when viewing photos on the camera and zooming in and out, sometimes I'll "lock" a photo file. Select the locked photo, then rehit the lock button to unlock that file.

Lazypup gives great advice. People seldom reformat their cards. With all the files that are created and deleted on a card, occasionally little bits of code can be left behind, or get jumbled. They can corrupt the card. So every once in a while, reformat the card. It wipes it clean and lets you start anew.

Bookmark   November 11, 2012 at 10:27AM
More Discussions
19 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) the top...
JamesScott86
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
My digital slideshow on Utube Xmas 14
This is what I do with my digital photo's, music added...
aputernut
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™