Yorkie question

loagiehoagieMay 1, 2011

Hi all! One of my clients has 2 yorkies, brother and sister. The girl has doubled her weight in the last 6 months from 3 lbs to almost 6 lbs. We had her checked at my vet's office along with the yearly shots etc. and had her thyroid levels checked which was expensive ($160) and came back normal. She eats very little and my vet didn't have any ideas.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Duane

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
calliope

You didn't mention the age of the dogs in question. There will be variation in size depending on the genetic makeup and sibling dogs don't necessarily look anymore alike than sibling humans. I'm 5'8", light blonde and slender. My sister is 5'1", with black hair and dark complection and on the heavy side. Yes, we have the same parents. Nearly six pounds is a very normal weight for a Yorkie approaching maturity and many go over that. Some tiny ones are half that weight. Are you sure you have a problem?

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 11:45AM
loagiehoagie

Thanks for your response. Both of the Yorkies are 5 years of age and it just seems to have one gain so much at a short period of time seems abnormal. Perhaps there is nothing to be worried about but I thought I would throw out the question anyway. Thanks again!

Duane

Bookmark   May 1, 2011 at 12:59PM
mazer415

Sounds like someone is getting food elsewhere.

Bookmark   May 2, 2011 at 12:58AM
More Discussions
Can we say G A S
And it's not me, dh or my two old dogs. It's the new...
Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
Smelly dog ears
I am not used to having a long floppy eared dog (Dachshund)....
lily316
My cat won't eat or drink
My cat Shonen stopped eating and drinking 3 weeks ago...
andrea_san_diego
Hyperthroid Cat Ear Gel - Handling Precautions?
Anybody used this? Did you follow the handling instructions...
lifeflower123
Suddenly lost use of rear legs.
My 6 year old Golden suddenly lost use of his rear...
jgatty
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™