Older stoneware in the microwave can be dangerous!
I put this on with the subject as "Oops", but it was suggested I put it under a name that would draw more attention.
I put a stoneware saucer in the microwave with a package of gravy on it. Instructions said to nuke on high for 3 minutes 45 seconds. When done, I opened the microwave only to see my saucer's glaze had cracked and burned in the cracks. I didn't even realized I'd inhaled when my breath was totally taken away from me. It took a couple of minutes before I could actually take any good breaths. My Pfaltzgraff stoneware is getting close to 40 years old. I've had this happen once before with a plate, but didn't evidentally enhale immediately when opening the microwave so wasn't aware of any gas exposure. I keep telling my DH I'm okay. Has this happened to anyone else on here or am I the only one who has done this?