Anybody Use IrfanView?

audrey_gwOctober 13, 2008

I was happy to find IrfanView, because I thought I could use it to transfer large image files out of Nikon's PictureProject. (PictureProject only lets you export files up to 2048 X 1536.)

But, for some reason, IrfanView is opening the PictureProject files at only about half their original size. Files that PictureProject says are 2000 X 3008 pixels, IrfanView is showing as being 1063 X 1600 pixels. That isn't any help, because I can export files that size from PictureProject itself. Does anybody know why IrfanView is doing this and what the solution is?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juanital

Perhaps it may be your settings for viewing...On the toolbar click VIEW...go down to Display Options(window mode)...will give a list of different settings...check the one you want...just for example I have mine checked at--Fit only big images to desktop and Center image in window...Also in...OPTIONS--Property Settings---Full screen tab...I have Fit to screen:large images only(recommended) and the Set display multiplier(%) at 100% for width and height...These are the settings I use and like...Hope this may help...or give you an idea...

Juanita

Bookmark   October 13, 2008 at 8:19PM
audrey_gw

Juanita,
Many thanks for your suggestions! Although those options were set correctly, when I went back to verify that they were, I noticed that there were also options for plug-ins under property settings. And I knew I was using a plug-in for the NEF files. Sure enough, under the plug-in settings I found an option called "Load half-size files" which had a checkmark beside it. I took that away, and it seems to be working correctly now. Thanks again for your help.

Bookmark   October 14, 2008 at 9:41AM
juanital

Awesome-Im glad you found the solution!

Bookmark   October 14, 2008 at 10:49AM
More Discussions
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
error message 01 on Canon T4i
We have three of these cameras. 2 are getting the error...
jeaninwa
Replace Canon G12 Powershot lens
I'm considering ordering a replacement lens for my...
oldbat2be
Fire in the sky
no photoshop~
jeaninwa
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
Sponsored Products
Montana Woodworks Homestead Bookcase Lacquered
Beyond Stores
Zamboni Desk Vacuum
$14.99 | zulily
Fermob | Cargo Table
YLiving.com
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Nourison Rugs Island Palms Slate 5 ft. x 7
Home Depot
Set of Two S Chairs
Grandin Road