Why do you let your cat roam ?
This is by no means a debate about letting cats roam --- I've read rantings and ravings about 'the right ' to let cats roam.... and I'm tired of it. I just wanted to ask simple questions that I've never heard answered .
I'm actually a dog person -- but have had indoor cats all my life. I support the "Happy Endings" cat rescue here .... and would do anything to save a kitty . All my friends are "cat people" ! LOL Now you know I'm not trying to cause a debate .
SOme let their cats out - some don't. I've had the sad mission a couple of times to go out and look for my friend's cats when they didn't come home. I always prayed I didn't find them dead in the street. Usually - they were never found. My friend was devistated each time . That made me wonder why people let their cats out to roam - unprotected . THere's so many dangers out there .Like I said - my cats were indoor - so I'd like to ask the questions here with alot of pet lovers. Who knows ? -- I might rescue a few cats again !!
*** Here's my questions ~~
* Do cats automatically remember where they live to find their way back ?
* IS there an average time they stay away ?
* Do they make a fuss to go out side ?
* Does being fixed matter if they want to go out ?
* Is there something they like to eat outside ?
* Is it just for exercise - to keep from being bored ?
* Do you worry if they don't return within a certain time ?
* What if they didn't come home ?
* Do you worry about someone else thinking it's feral and keeping it ?
* Are you worried if it comes home with fleas or ticks ?
I've never asked these questions before of anyone - thank you for your replies . You're educating people !
Thank you for that !