A cup of jo and some filtered morning light today

rcnaylorOctober 23, 2010

Outside my breakfast nook there was a nice batch of early morning sunshine streaming through the pecans and Moraine locusts. I thought it was kinda nice. I didn't quite get the full look, but From Filtered morning light

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
awm03

I love lighting like that. Such beautiful greens against the light gray/purple sky.

I went out Thursday when the sky was partly rainy/partly sunny to try to capture the shifting light, the shadows & bright spots, and the unusual colors. Well, I'm not skilled enough with my new camera, so no good photos, and I ended up getting caught in a downpour. Fortunately, a friend drove past before my new camera got very wet.

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 1:47PM
rcnaylor

Yeah, I really didn't do capture the contrasts in the scene very well with my little KM.

And, I'm glad you had a friend around to bail you and your new camera out!

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 2:30PM
lazypup

I love that backlighting..great shot.

On the other hand, I too have been caught out in a downpour before, but now I have a solution. I carry my camera gear in a backpack style camera bag, so I got a lightweight military style poncho that only weighs about 1/2lb and folds up flat and compact, which I keep in the bag. The poncho is large enough that it not only covers me, it fits nicely over the pack to keep all my gear dry as well. In addition, I got the camo style so when i am out shooting nature shots I can use it to quickly rig a blind. When using it as a blind I extend the camera lens out through the center hole with the hood covering the lens.

Bookmark   October 25, 2010 at 4:20PM
joan_mn

The lighting is wonderful!

Bookmark   October 26, 2010 at 9:25AM
More Discussions
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
19 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) the top...
JamesScott86
Some of my garden photography
Hi!!!! I didn't know there was a photography forum...
Desirai
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™