Nikon D3000 help

gulf_pirate2009October 12, 2009

I purchased a Nikon D3000 last week. I read the owners manual several times and finally had a chance to take it out, charge the battery, and take a few pictures. I have been using it in auto mode since I am still learning about photography. Several of my pictures have been very blurry and not the quality that I hoped for. This is my first "real" camera. My pervious cameras were simple point and shoot and very simple to use. Is there anything that I can do to improve the quality of the pictures? Also, the description of the camera stated that there is no delay when you press the shoot button. Mine has a delay. Is it because of autofocus trying to adjust?

Thanks in advance.

Byron

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zitro_joe

I will have to see pics and exif data to better help.

You sure did make a big purhase for a first time camera.

There should be no delay, no offense but it might be something your doing, maybe not.

Joe

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 11:58AM
gulf_pirate2009

Thanks Joe, I'm sure it is something I'm doing. I just can't figure it out. I deleted most of the blurred pictures I took. While reading the manual on the lens, it said that the vibration reduction mode does not activate when the camera is in auto-flash.
I'll try to post a few tonight. I still need to sign in on photobucket to load my images.

Bookmark   October 12, 2009 at 1:55PM
alisande

Hi, Byron. After you are armed with Joe's advice, in addition to studying your manual you might want to spend some time reading posts at DPReview's Nikon forums. You can gain a lot of information that way. DPR actually has several Nikon forums; I don't know which one is for the D3000, but here's one to get you started:

Nikon D300-D100 Forum

And here's a popular forum for beginner's questions. Believe me, some of the questions from those "beginners" are not all that basic!

Beginners' Questions Forum

You can find other DPR forums by clicking on the link on their site (upper left).

Have fun with your new camera!

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 10:42AM
zitro_joe

DPR is where "it" is at!

Bookmark   October 13, 2009 at 10:56AM
suziqrowley_sbcglobal_net

I purchased my camera just before Christmas and have been taking great pictures. Today, after importing my pictures from the camera, I had to go to NX to view my pictures. Is there a setting on the camera that I need to adjust?

Bookmark   February 25, 2011 at 6:40PM
mongoct

Depends. Do you normally shoot in jpeg? Is your camera somehow now set to shoot in RAW or NEF?

Most any program can allow you to view your jpeg shots. But if you're shooting in RAW/NEF, then some can't show them which is why you might be being forced to use NX.

Not sure of that's definitely why, but it's an idea.

Bookmark   February 26, 2011 at 12:00AM
More Discussions
kentuck_8b
Miscanthus sinensis on display
I like this photo because it nicely displays my ornamental...
joyfulflowers
Mojave Deserts Forgotten
This is a picture i took of a Spanish style home in...
manakay_831
Digital or Otherwise?
Have scads of photo equipment based around a Canon...
pink_warm_mama_1
Homemade PVC Photo Booth
I normally post in another Garden Forum, but thought...
oldalgebra
Sponsored Products
Paramount Six-Light - Polished Nickel with Polished Nickel Metal Shade - Pendan
Bellacor
Sand Aspen Storage Ottoman
$179.99 | zulily
International Caravan Royal Tahiti Yellow Balau Wood Rectangular Coffee Table
Overstock.com
Stained Glass florall Tiffany Shade Table Lamp Home Lightings
ParrotUncle
WAC Modern Forms | Neo WS-3712 Flush Mount Ceiling Light
$199.00 | YLighting
Design Element DEC1100A-36 Madrid 36-in. Single Bathroom Vanity Set Multicolor -
$899.00 | Hayneedle
Bolla Amber Cloud Bronze Three-Light Mini Pendant
$396.00 | Bellacor
Madison Rug 6' x 9' - SOFT BEIGE
$1,699.00 | Horchow
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™