My last Monarch for the year

minroseOctober 6, 2009

Hatched Oct4, here she is.

All my macro butterfly photos are taken with the first digital camera I bought, many years ago, an Olympus 3000. It uses smart media cards, which are not even available in stores anymore. I really love it for macros but I think it is time for a new one that takes just as good of macros, mainly of butterflies. I think I am wearing this one out, if you can imagine that. It was a good camera, I took lots of photos with it over the years.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alisande

Minrose, you and I are in the same cold climate, and we both have iris blooming! Are yours rebloomers? Mine aren't; they just appeared.

My first camera was an Olympus, and so was my second. I still have them. In fact, the one I just bought and haven't even tried yet is an Olympus, too. But I've done extensive macro photography with my Panasonic Lumix FZ5. It's a superzoom, but does macro so well. The latest version of it just came out in September: the FZ35. Prices are dropping to under $300 now. (It started out last month at $400.) That's probably as low as it's going to go.

Here are some pictures from the FZ35, posted on Flickr. It also takes great videos. You can find some on YouTube. Look under FZ38, as the European version was released first.

Anyway, that's my recommendation. :-)

Bookmark   October 6, 2009 at 9:32AM
minrose

Thank you for the recommendation, I will keep that one in mind.

Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 7:38AM
rcnaylor

Lovely shots Minrose.

Just out of curiosity, how close to the butterfly was your lens on those pics?

Bookmark   October 7, 2009 at 9:13AM
More Discussions
A question
I guess this is a somewhat different subject but it...
gmom74
The 73 most expensive photographs ever sold
Here's a cool article listing (and showing) The 73...
JamesScott86
11 things that drive most photographers crazy
As I'm sure you already know by now, there are some...
JamesScott86
My digital slideshow on Utube Xmas 14
This is what I do with my digital photo's, music added...
aputernut
Help with old photos from a Kodak digital camera
I recently found several old floppy discs that I had...
don_na_na
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™