counterfeit flea medication?

honugirlhawaiiApril 27, 2010

Aloha,

I searched online for a good deal on Advantage for Cats (less than 9 pounds) and found a company that sells it for $29.00. I received it in the mail today, two weeks after I placed the order. It looks like it was shipped from Canada. Anyway, the Advantage I buy is always in an orange box. This box is green and white and it says its flea prevention and treatment for cats and dogs less than 4 kg.

Does anyone know if the packaging in Canada is different from the U.S.? I'm hoping I have the real thing!

Mahalo in advance.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Call the company that makes it.

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 2:52PM
beegood_gw

A kg is 2.2 lbs

Bookmark   April 28, 2010 at 4:14PM
mazer415

Aloha Sista. No hit point panic. Check with the company. It sounds too inexpensive tho, best stick with the real stuff eh.
I use Advantage - half dose because I can recap, save lots.
If you live Mauka you get plenty fleas!!!
Ahui ho.

Bookmark   April 29, 2010 at 3:20PM
honugirlhawaii

I love how people on this site are always willing to help! Ahh, the Aloha spirit!
I did research and discovered that the green box I received is from Australia. Whew, although it turned out I bought the real thing, I won't be doing that kind of shopping again. (Too late, Mazer, I already hit point panic!)
Mahalo!

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 2:01AM
mazer415

Bummer...Good to know tho!! Shakka.

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 4:10PM
dogdancer

I found some sites with the cheapest flea/tick preventives like advantage, frontline plus, comfortis, advantix, heartgard plus, etc. These are the real products, no counterfeits.

You may have ordered a product with older packaging.

Canada and Australia are safe places to order medicines for both pets and people and prices are usually cheaper there. Canadian doctors are as good or better than American doctors.

I found websites at DogSTARspace that orders directly from the manufacturers, and the website sell it for less then anywhere I have found. With shipping around $3-$4 and takes about 10-14 days to ship. But worth it for the cheapest pricing.

Several sites that have the real thing, not counterfeit at DogSTARspace.com I found it on the Forums under Minor Health Issues and Prevention Tips. Way too many articles to copy them all here for you.

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: DogSTARspace

Bookmark   May 12, 2010 at 12:58PM
More Discussions
Can I help a wild rabbit in my yard?
I live in Western NY state and I was shocked to see...
rochesterroseman
Cat much less active than a few months ago
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has experienced what...
chi83
Help with death on my dog
perianal fistula disease. Does anyone have experience...
ronminsouthga
Anyone had a problem with 'DreamBones' dog snack?
Has anyone had any problems with a dog snack called...
cas66ragtop
Cat,s ears causing misery
we adopted sweet kitty (8yrsold) just 6 wks ago. Took...
dancingirl_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™