Getting over stroke anyone?

goldyMarch 31, 2013

You thank God you made it.Then you begin the progress.No signs but they come later.Off balance and a little loud talk or slur.As long as you are eatting you have hope.I looked in the mirro and did I age.I was old before but paid it no attention.You will slow down when your head catches up with the rest of your body.I found out that if you trust in God and let your body go for it"s self and take one day at a time "you can make it.If you don't you will become depressed.You can only live one day at a time So why worry.I feel better already.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juellie1962

Goldy; sounds like you have the right attitude to make an awesome recovery. How long ago was your stroke? Thank you for being an inspiration!

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 6:40PM
lydia1959

Goldy, you have a good attitude and it sounds like you are making big improvements! My MIL had a stroke in September.. has went from being unable to walk to using a walker and now walking unassisted. She is starting to cook for herself again and is even talking about driving again.

Hang in there Goldy!

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 7:16PM
marilyn_sue

Good luck Goldy. MY husband had a stroke I think it was 3 years ago. He still works everyday, but he is not like he used to be. He is off balance all the time. Wishing you the best.

Sue

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 10:03PM
grannytme

please do everything your therapist asks of you! and many times a day! walk and do shoulder arm and hand exercises to keep them from "freezing up".
your attitude will get you far! Gods blessings

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 6:03AM
jannie

I had a stroke in 2001 at age 48. . When I first woke up afterwards (in the hospital) I couldn't speak or even swallow water. My left side was totally "dead". But I made a good recovery the first year,did therapy as prescribed, relearned speech, walking, reading, etc. and was even able to return to my job. But I still have some numbness in my left foot and when I look in the mirror my smile is quite crooked! But I'm still alive, that's what is important!

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 10:35AM
goldy

Had my stroke in Nov.212.came home had a few problems went back to the hospital Mar 213 now I'm home trying to get it to gather.You made me feel good .I know every case is different,and we have to take each day AS IT COMES.But some times you need a little help.Thanks for listening

Bookmark   April 1, 2013 at 11:10AM
More Discussions
Utah
Moving to Ogden, Utah. Not Mormon. What can I expect...
Deeby
Cat with arthritis? Problems moving.
Hi, I posted this on Pets too but I don't know how...
chi83
Guest room is finished.
About 3 weeks ago I asked for mattress recomendations...
Rose Pekelnicky
A new Random Letters game
Remember this one? You post a string of 6-7 random...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Bears 1, Birds 0
I started weaning the birds off their seed in anticipation...
Alisande
Sponsored Products
Alamo Saddlery Triple Scalloped Black Gator Headstall - 2065-JGA
$107.95 | Hayneedle
Mocha 32" Round Brezza Wall Mirror
Lamps Plus
Nelson Industrial Modern Metal Dining Table
Overstock.com
Home Decorators Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Home Decorators Collection Rugs
Home Depot
Serena & Lily Painter's Rug
Serena & Lily