Question About Buying a Camera

marciascSeptember 15, 2008

I thought this might be a good place to ask this question. I want to buy my married daughter a camera for Christmas. I was always the one in the family who took the pictures. She really doesn't care much for cameras and buys the throw away kind.

Now she has a new dog and mentioned she should get a digital camera so she can send me and her brother pictures right away.

I don't want to spend over $100. I feel she won't use it very much and if she does like it, in a few years she may then buy a better one.

I have looked at the Kodak Easy Share series that seem to run $70, $80 and $90. Does anyone have a Kodak Easy Share camera or what would you suggest?

Thanks so much!

Hi Joan!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zitro_joe

Well, almost all cameras in that price range will be of similar build and quality. Most of the parts and internals will made by same OEM companies. All things being equal, buy the one that will be simple to operate for you. Kodak 'easyshare' are made for the "quick click" and go. You can even find bundles that have camera, docks, and printer in the $100-$120s range. If you are looking for simplicity, that is the route I would go. You get a charger, uploader and printer all in one.

Z-joe

Bookmark   September 15, 2008 at 4:41PM
marciasc

Thanks for your answer Joe.

I guess I can do a search for reviews on the easy share cameras. I was hoping someone here had that camera.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 3:32PM
lindajewell

I use to have one and actually it was very nice for those occasional pictures. Took pretty nice pictures if I remember correctly and it sounds like it would be sufficient for your daughters needs.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 3:38PM
marciasc

Thanks Linda! I know my daughter won't use it very much so this sounds good.

Bookmark   September 16, 2008 at 3:49PM
More Discussions
Mid-range DSLR Recommendations?
I've been kicking around the idea of finally ditching...
Swentastic
Butterfly in my Garden
While working in my garden, this fella allowed me enough...
joyfulflowers
Re-introducing myself
Hi my name is Juanita- I got into photography through...
juanital
here are some bird pictures
I have a Nikon 5100 and 2 zoom lens one I use for the...
Lorna1949
Looking for rubber caps for tripod
We have a telescope that's on an old wooden tripod....
mrsgym
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™