What color blue to go with BM Tyler Taupe

HouseOfFiveMarch 12, 2014

I have an attic hallway with high ceilings, a lot of light and a lot of white trim (closet doors and baseboards). I would like to paint the hallway BM Tyler Taupe. The hallway leads to two bedrooms. One room I would like to paint Lenox Tan and the other I would like to find a BM blue/slate color. Any thoughts on a nice BM shade of blue that would look nice with Tyler Taupe.

I have attached photos to give you an idea of the space. It is still under construction and all trim will be white.

Any thoughts on colors?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibbrix

Tyler Taupe is in the HC, Historical Color, collection. You might want to look at the blues and grays from the HC collection, for example, Puritan Gray HC-164

My favorite HC blue is Van Courtland Blue.

I think the Puritan Gray might work better with the Tyler Taupe because of the green in it.

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 12:43PM
tibbrix
    Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 12:44PM
My3dogs

I went to the Ben Moore site as they will suggest color coordinates but the blue they showed was VERY dark - #1596 Nightfall.

While there, I saw this beautiful office shown in Tyler Taupe, linked below. Now I love bird prints, etc, and look at how gorgeous they look in the black frames in that wall.

Here is a link that might be useful: Warm, Neutral Home Office

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 1:28PM
Annie Deighnaugh

We used Lenox Tan on the walls in this northwest bedroom with Shaker Beige on the ceiling and I have to say it sucks every ounce of light out of the room and is very dark. The flash on the camera brightens the look a lot over what it is in real life.

We used Tyler Taupe on the ceiling in our study and we used Pearl Harbor on the walls. It too is a very dark color, but it works in this space as the room feels tall and narrow with the vaulted ceiling and the dark color helps bring the height back into proportion.

Bookmark   March 12, 2014 at 5:02PM
More Discussions
Spam in posts - some clarification
I just went to the plumbing forum to do some research...
Olychick
Open Floor Plans: Will The Pendulum Eventually Swing The Other Way?
What do you think? Yes, I realize that there are many...
Lynn
Can't sleep - I think I may hate my newly finished floors (PICS)
Hi everyone, It's 3:00am and I can't sleep. We have...
bellajourney
This is why you don't pick paint colours off the internet
This photo has been circulating the internet today....
amberm145
MBR has been painted Wheeling Neutral!
Here's an update on our MBR paint color. Earlier this...
bac717
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™